INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adoration thread  (Read 1639 times)

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
Adoration thread
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:05:57 pm »

I see adoration is allowed for Media Jukebox, or so it says in that forum's description.  I just want to take a moment express my gratitude for all the effort JRiver puts in their products.  MC12 is by far the best consumer media player out there.  It can be as simple to use as click and play or give me 30 random songs from a single random genre that I have never played.

Media Center 12 is almost always up on my pc.  I am disabled and spend a lot of time playing music and managing my collection.  Music is great therapy.

You (guys?) are a class act!  As long as you put out new versions I will continue to buy them.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Adoration thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:34:40 am »

Thanks very much. It's good to hear from happy listeners like you...

j

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:53:18 pm »

I've been spreading the word about MC 12 in various other forums and blogs.  For example, see the post about MC 12 in

http://www.clarisonus.com/blog/

My CD collection is about 2/3 classical music for which both composer and performer are important.  JRiver Media Center 12 is by far the best ripper/tagger/player for such music.  (And for broadway musicals and showtunes where the Composer and Lyricist are as important as the performer.)

Foobar2000 is the only other player that might be adequate for classical music.  However, it is a poorly documented hobby project rather than a usable software application.  After you have put in a lot of work configuring it and adding in 3rd party plugins, you still don't have most of the functionality that is built into MC 12.

Thanks, JRiver, for your design work and good implementation.

Bill

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:06:26 pm »

Thanks.

I had to laugh at this:
How many small software companies last forever?

The first 25 years were the hardest.  The next 25 look easier.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 03:34:37 pm »

I'd like to echo edlander's comments....nice work guys, Thanks!

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 03:57:53 pm »

I still remember the moment--that precise second in history--when I found MC.

I had about 8K MP3 songs and decided I should re-rip all my music to FLAC.  I knew this would be an expensive journey because much of the music I did not own on CD.  So, I went to the FLAC web site and began reading about it to gain knowledge into how to utilize it.  I knew most media players didn't support it at all so I would have to find a media management program that I could use.  So, I noticed the section on their site about what players and hardware support FLAC.  I read through them all and kept seeing the same old same old--basically, junk.

Then I saw Media Jukebox.  I knew I hadn't checked that one out before.  So, I pursued it and unfortunately, was directed to just that--the old Media Jukebox.  By stumbling and getting more confused (trying to figure out MJ and then seeing MC), I somehow stumbled upon MC.  That precise second will live on.

I must admit it took quite a while for me to become satisfied with my collection--obviously, though!  It included many trips to local used CD stores, eBay, other stores, etc.  Finally, I had a reasonable collection built up at around 8,000 songs.  Then, I began the process of rating and building my pollished collection of favorite songs.  This was a very long process but finally, everything is working SO well.  I have no issues with my wireless music players now.  I turn them on, they always connect, get an IP, and connect to MC--and they're quite fast compared to what I used to deal with.  MC was better than Netgear's software but MC has improved over time, too.

Everything just seems to work so well and be a joy and work so well.  While I get by with free, open-source software in many areas, I definitely appreciate the amazing support, frequent updates, and community offered with MC at a reasonable price.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 06:34:07 pm »

I'd like to add my adoration as well, especially echoing Listener's comments.

I too, have a majority of classical and opera and find the extended database capabilites of MC a god send. My wife is an up-and-coming opera singer and it makes life so much easier having the ability to store performer, conductor, language, period, etc, etc enabling her (and more importantly me  ;) ) to quickly find and play a piece based on just about any criteria we can think of. This is especially important when you have 8 recordings of an opera.....

The number of features this program has is truly amazing. I am constantly surprised at how many seemingly obscure features that are requested are already incorporated into MC. Even more suprising is JR's willingness to consider almost any feature or function, and to implement in a surprisingly quick timeframe. Their willingness to listen to, and act upon forum feedback that is postive, negative, requested or not, is a testament to a team that is obviously dedicated to making a quality product into a superlative product.

I look forward to continuing to use and promote MC in the future.

Cheers,
C.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 06:49:07 pm »

When I First Came Into This World I Could Not See, Hear Or Speak.

It Only Took Moments And I Found The God "Veles" For He Is The God Of Music And I Am Healed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veles_(god)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up