INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: **Zones** Single Multichannel Soundcards w/ Stereo pairs for zones  (Read 923 times)

Divex

What sound cards did the developer use when writing/testing their software? Is there a sub $100 plug in card that will support 4 zones or more.  Is there a USB device that works well?  Software features are nice....but useless unless there is a list of supported hardware. Please developers advise us what are the "Single Multichannel Soundcards w/Stereo pairs for Zones" that work well with your software! Life is too short for everyone to "trial and error a solution"

The MEDIA CENTER HELP states:
Create Zones
To create zones
1.   On the Menu bar, go to Player > Playback Options > Zone Manager.
2.   Select Add.
3.   Select your new zone in the list, and then select Configure.
4.   Set your Playback Options.
Volume Control
Map Stereo Pairs of a ****Single Multichannel Soundcard***
You can map stereo pairs of a single multichannel soundcard by using WaveOut and DirectSound

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: **Zones** Single Multichannel Soundcards w/ Stereo pairs for zones
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 02:24:40 pm »

I know Mastiff would have alot to say in this topic.
From one of he's articles he wrote about the kX Project. It's a way of using each par of channels on a 5.1 or 7.1 card to create virtual stereo audio cards. Link to the kX Project: http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en

You'll probably fint the compatible devices there, but I belive this project is pointed at creative products. I know Live and audigy cards work with it. At least people say so...

- Carl
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up