INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Remote  (Read 1582 times)

djlefreak

• Recent member
  • Drink up me hearties-Yo Ho!
Using Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Remote
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:32:52 pm »

Is there a way to get the remote that came with my Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card (RM-1800) to control Media Center. Even if I could just get it to control pause/play/previous/next that would be great.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Remote
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:40:16 pm »

If you have an IR receiver (separate from the SB card) then just about any IR remote can be used. Tools>Options>Remote.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

djlefreak

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:01:39 pm »

If you have an IR receiver (separate from the SB card) then just about any IR remote can be used. Tools>Options>Remote.

That's good to know. I'm really trying to limit the number of appendages I give my computer. Are you saying that MC does not support the SB remote? I wonder if this is something that could be done through a 3-party plugin.

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:04:04 am »

Perhaps this won't sound like an answer but i've been using an application called UICE (www.mediatexx.com), which manages to let me fully use my Creative Labs Audigy remote to control MC using a script file combined with MC automation. Actually you can customize every button so it's very powerful (if you know how to program, but you can still use the defaults).

I don't really know if the latest versions would fully support specifically your remote in your X-FI card but for what i've quickly read by googling it can, at least basic functions. 

Another app which does the same is Girder, which i think is widely discussed in this forum.

Just in case those aren't plugins but standalone applications with run in the background.

Perhaps that should give you at least a startpoint.

Cheers.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:21 am »

I haven't even tried to use the remote on my X-Fi.  With my older SB LIVE! card the system/software it used were pretty much closed and proprietary.  If it is the same with the X-Fi you would be better off getting a separate IR receiver.

djlefreak

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 02:15:09 pm »

Perhaps this won't sound like an answer but i've been using an application called UICE (www.mediatexx.com)

Thanks. I'll be looking into this option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up