INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New playlists always get at the "playlists" root  (Read 894 times)

Tanguero

• World Citizen
New playlists always get at the "playlists" root
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:41:03 pm »

When I create a new playlist it is invariably put at the playlist root which forces me to move it afterwards if I want to have it elsewhere.

In earlier versions I could choose in what playlist folder to put the new list when I created it. I would really like to have it back that way, it was far more convenient.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: New playlists always get at the "playlists" root
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 06:15:33 pm »

If you drop files on a playlist group, a new playlist is created underneath.

If you right-click a playlist group and pick "Add Playlist", the new playlist is also created in a group.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 03:21:18 pm »

If you create a playlist from scratch these methods are all rigth, but when I create a playlist I often start by sending a track to it from the library or an exesting playlist. I also dump "Playing now" to playlist fairly often (e.g. at the end of a DJ night), and it would be practical to get these playlists at the right place at once instead of having to mov them after they are created.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 05:47:08 pm »

I also don’t like this behaviour. I always use(d) right click command “send to -> Playlist -> create Playlist” for creating new ones. But now all my created playlists automatically are at the Playlist root, because the dialogue where we could chose into which Playlistgroup a Playlist is created in, was removed. So after creating them, I have to move them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up