INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc hangs (sort of..) while analyzing audio  (Read 671 times)

trott

• World Citizen
mc hangs (sort of..) while analyzing audio
« on: February 10, 2007, 06:57:15 am »

Hi all,

Often, while analyzing a bunch of files (read: more than one) my MC hangs (mostly when a file is around 98% completely analyzed).
CPU usage drops to a normal level (indicating analysis is not actively calculating something, while this happens it is near 100%) and the mc window just freezes. (when dragging other windows over it the mc window gets completely white showing no contents).

I haven't managed to isolate the problem, but what I do know:
  • it does not always happen on the same file
  • it is not restricted to files on a network share (though the problem seems less frequent on a fixed drive
  • It happens more with m4a files (both nero and quicktime) than with mp3 files.
  • It is not related to tagging updates as I have tried disabling the 'write tags to files' option

I've always had this problem with MC in one form or another, but have now noticed something strange: I previously assumed that the program just froze. This does not seem to be true: the log file is still showing activity. (though not related to the on-going audio analysis.)

It seems that only the playback engine freezes, as currently playing songs also stop when this happens.

After the crash I still see lines like this appearing:

Code: [Select]
0156921: 25036: Sharing Plugins: CHTTPRequestMessage::ReadPreamble: Start
0156921: 25036: Sharing Plugins: CHTTPRequestMessage::ReadPreamble: Finish (0 ms)
0156921: 25036: Reader: CHTTPRequestMessage::ReadPayload: Start
0156921: 25036: Reader: CHTTPRequestMessage::ReadPayload: Finish (0 ms)

You can find the full log here. (the analysis crashed around line 3930)

Pages: [1]   Go Up