INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total Played Time: 199 Days, 6 Hours, 40 Minutes and 20 Seconds  (Read 1408 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
Total Played Time: 199 Days, 6 Hours, 40 Minutes and 20 Seconds
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:03:18 pm »

If I multiply the track time by the number of plays of each track in my music collection, I see I have used MediaCenter for almost 200 days.  Do you think I've got my money's worth?

Total Playing Time: 36 Days, 22 Hours, 25 Minutes and 31 Seconds
Total Played Time: 199 Days, 6 Hours, 40 Minutes and 20 Seconds

And this does not count all the music I've listened to and deleted.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Total Played Time: 199 Days, 6 Hours, 40 Minutes and 20 Seconds
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:07:05 pm »

No, that's not enough.  Keep playing.

So how do you calculate that?  Is there a nice statistics page on Media Center that just lists general statistics about your library...?  I know Interact has some stats and MC should, too.  We could start a thread about what kind of stats should be included and compile a nice list of interesting stats to be generated from a user's library.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:02 am »

If I multiply the track time by the number of plays of each track in my music collection

That must have taken some doing...   ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 09:56:00 am »

That must have taken some doing...   ;D

I used a calculator, while my ipod was synching....  ;D

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:00:45 am »

Times played is different, though.  Do you take times played times the duration of each song?  You'd have to do that for each song...which would take a lot of time.  I have played hundreds of songs.  But, remember that times played is incremented after only half of the song, right?  So theoretically, you'd have to calculate half the duration but that would be an underestimate.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:09 am »

Times played is different, though.  Do you take times played times the duration of each song?  You'd have to do that for each song...which would take a lot of time.  I have played hundreds of songs.  But, remember that times played is incremented after only half of the song, right?  So theoretically, you'd have to calculate half the duration but that would be an underestimate.

I have a program I wrote that reads in the delimited ascii output from an MC export and writes me out a webpage with all my music and calculates the total playing time for me.  Yes the calculation does take the (times played per track) times (the track time).

I assume that I play most tracks all the way through, so I made no adjustments for any possible partial plays.  And for some tracks I end early, some are ended before they are counted as a play, another times they do count, I suppose it averages out.  And then there is the music I've listened to and deleted, that is not counted at all.

I suppose I could look at the skip count and make some kind of adjustment, but not really worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up