INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem getting a good sound with a dvd with pcm audio.  (Read 983 times)

gappie

problem getting a good sound with a dvd with pcm audio.
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:22:28 pm »

i tried to play a dvd (the ripped and the non ripped version) with pcm audio. first i had no sound at all but after fooling around with the filters i managed to get some sound but distorted. im using CCCP at this moment. as far as i can see it is not a buffer setting, tried it with the buffer on max on the soundcard (RME fireface). the soundcard is capable of 41,48, 96, 192 Hz and 16 and 24 bit, so i think that that is also not the problem. anybody have any suggestions?

gappie

Re: problem getting a good sound with a dvd with pcm audio.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 06:55:01 am »

just tried it on my old computer using the cyberlink filter and there was not a problem. guess i need to install cyberlink. i hoped i could do without.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:01:38 am »

Assuming you're using the FFDshow audio decoder (since you have CCCP), have you tried the following:

Codecs:  for "uncompressed", choose "all supported"
Output:  set to 32 bits only (uncheck 16 and 24)

I have the RME Digi PST and these are the only settings I could get LPCM to work with reliably.  I've been testing the LPCM with "The Blues" series DVDs and some assorted music DVDs that have uncompressed LPCM.

I played around with the "Resample" tab as well (96kHz/highest quality libavcodec highest) and that worked too.

I found also under the FFDShow Video config that if I had "Resize and Aspect" on with Multiply X 2,  Lancos 2-tap, this was just too much for my CPU when dealing with LPCM.  Works fine with standard compressed AC3.

HTH.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:21 am »

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. i learn something everyday. but in the end it did not help. just installed cyberlink and ... sometimes i like things were you have everything in hand, sometimes it is great when something just works.

btw, seeing you like the blues dvd's. the dvd i was having problems with was the new dvd from marc ribot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up