INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgraded to 12.0.164 and lost album art  (Read 928 times)

john h

• Junior Woodchuck
upgraded to 12.0.164 and lost album art
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:46:49 pm »

Greetings, all.

Upgraded to 12.0.164 tonight.  when I scrolled thru some of my music library, I see that the album art thumbs are missing from many songs for which I know I had obtained album art before.  In fact, I can look at specific albums and see an icon with the album cover for only one song on the album, while all the other songs show blank icons.  I checked the Windows Explorer and confirmed that there is a "folder.jpg" file in the album's folder.  Even so, the album art icon is grey for all but one of the songs.   I tried using the "get art from internet" feature but it doesn't work to remedy the problem either.  Any thoughts??

Thanks,
John
johnh

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: upgraded to 12.0.164 and lost album art
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:48 pm »

To see exactly what MC thinks exists for art, pick Action Window > Tag > Click the image.  Then read the tooltip as you select files.

You can use right-click on files and pick Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory to reconnect to folder.jpg.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: upgraded to 12.0.164 and lost album art
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 01:16:10 pm »

Something similar happened to me. However, I not just upgraded to 12.0.164, I also decided to manage my photos with MC - so I went and imported about 12,000 pictures into MC12. After that, 20-30% of my cover art went missing. The files for cover art were still in my cover art folder, tags still contained correct links to the cover files - they just wouldn't show. Rebuilt the thumbnails - didn't help. restored backup library (without photos) - all back to normal.
Something funny is going on with thumbnails? I also had problems with NetRemote fetching the coverart..

To see exactly what MC thinks exists for art, pick Action Window > Tag > Click the image.  Then read the tooltip as you select files.

You can use right-click on files and pick Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory to reconnect to folder.jpg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up