INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Can not replace next song in PlayingNow just before the previous song ends  (Read 1441 times)

AntonS

• Recent member

If I replace next song in Playing now in the last few seconds of the current song, MC 12 will play next song which was "next" BEFORE my change.

Looks like this bad period averages between 3-4 and 8 last second of the song, depending on my buffer setting, but even with default setting like 1 second, I still get 3 or 4 seconds before the end of the song when I can not replace the next song.

This is extremely inconvenient, because I use MC for live Djing and sometime I have to make a split second desicion about the next song and if I can not reply on MC playing the 'real next' song on the playlist, it makes me uncomfortable to make any changes to the next song.

Any workaround?

Thanks!
Anton

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

It has always been like this as far as I can remember.  You can't seek backwards during this time period either, so it is not a bug, just a limitation.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.

Are you using crossfading as well? I belive it's quite obviuse that a song cant be switched when it has started the crossfading... Does it help to adjust down the crossfade time?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

AntonS

• Recent member

No, I am not using crossfading.

There is absolutely no reason to prohibit switching songs in the last few seconds. Itunes can do it, so why MC can not? This definitely looks like a bug to me and it will potentially annoy other customers who are using MC for dj'ing.

It is not like I often switch songs in the last seconds, but once it happens to you once or twice, you will be become very uneasy about making any changes after current song.

If it is absolutely neccesary because of some implementation details, do not let me insert anything after the current song in the last few seconds. Then I will know that I have to stop after the song, change order quickly and play again.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Just tested this some more.  Without crossfade (gapless setting), MC still locks down the song at about 8 seconds or so.  It  can even cause the next song to play if you seek backwards even though the display shows the 'current' (previous song) playing which is very weird.

Windows media player does not do this.  Now that doesn't mean MC doesn't have some sort of secret sauce that it needs do this such that some other feature can work properly.  What is that, it might be interesting to know...
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

AntonS

• Recent member

Nice catch about seek backwards during the last 8 seconds or so. It may be related to the same problem. It is weried - I seek backwards and it takes me to the middle of the next song  :o, although current song still shows as "playing" for a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up