INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: riping 'to' FLAC  (Read 1175 times)

MadJewDisaster

• World Citizen
riping 'to' FLAC
« on: February 14, 2007, 11:43:48 am »

I post here and not in pluging section cause it is a general question .

I have a 3000+ CDs to rip 'to' FLAC.

It is a pay for job - The person wants secure rip and FLAC .
MC 200% ok concerning securerip.

But i see posts about the FLAC plugings relating to quite a few problems.
This person plan to burn  all FLAC as backup on data DVDs, keep rips as library and sell the CDs.

Means, i must not do any wrong.

So here my question
Is it HUNDRED % safe to use MC FLAC for this work?
Or safer to use another format and convert after this to FLAC with an external program?

I plan to use MC to rip- Want to make tags before rip-- try to edit tags in EAC and send me a postcard telling me how it looks...--
I dislike very very much EAC interface and , until today , MC NEVER left non converted WAV in the rip folder...like EAC does .
So MC to rip.

I do not mean this post to be any kind of negative comment about scthom's great work - Far far from it .
Just feeling a bit unsure knowing than the person does not use MC , and than any FLAC problem [ if any ] cannot be solve for him by a plugin upgrade.

And , if you wonder , yes the money is good...

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: riping 'to' FLAC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:11:59 am »

I just got done ripping 300 CDs in FLAC about 1 month ago. Yeap it is 100% safe to rip to FLAC inside MC.  No crash or any problems whatever.

I don't know how many times you will have to enter data manually for the CD - YADB was 50% miss for my music collection.

Osho

scthom

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 07:19:24 am »

Many, many people use the flac plugins successfully, and it is integrated with SecureRip.  But of course one can never say 100%.  If you use Secure and Flac Verify, you shouldn't have any problems.  You can always run the command-line flac in test mode afterwards to have belt-and-suspenders.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:28:07 am »

People always suggest doing that--ripping my 900 Cds and then selling them.  lol.  The whole point is to be legally and ethically truthful.

Sctom fixed his plugin in January so it no longer crashes.  I can't say how much nicer that is!  I haven't had Media Center crash since January!
Pages: [1]   Go Up