INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal MP3 encoder Plug in still does not work  (Read 699 times)

Geoff

Internal MP3 encoder Plug in still does not work
« on: August 29, 2002, 04:08:50 pm »

Hi Jim,
I still can't get your plug in to work. as previously mentioned I'm using ME. It will extract to wav ok but as soon as it goes to encode it comes up with Lame has caused an error in lame.exe.
Previously you said-
"Don't know, but try these.
Check your settings for where files are saved and where the temp files are saved. Check disk space there as well."
Just what settings do you mean? MJ saves to c:\music\temp and I have 14 spare gig on c drive.
Any other ideas please? i would like to buy the program but can't justify it if I can't get it to encode.
regards,

Geoff

Reboot.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Internal MP3 encoder Plug in still does not work
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 05:56:45 pm »

Geoff,
I have the same problem but not necessarily that error message ... MJ just shuts down, usually taking Windows with it.
I have had temporary success by restarting the computer (usually necessary) and redownloading the MP3 encoder from the downloads page. It will usually work for a while then. Maybe even a whole album, sometimes. When it stops again, I redownload the encoder and am good to go for a while more. Not the ideal solution but it works ... more or less.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Geoff

RE:Internal MP3 encoder Plug in still does not work
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 06:28:36 pm »

Thanks Charlemagne,
I will try that, but I think I had tried it before my last format and didn't do anything. I'm just wondering if there's some other program on my computer that conflicts with MJ. Are there any known program clashes?
regards,
Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up