INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roku SoundBridges won't connect to 12.0.179 (**solved**)  (Read 1235 times)

georgem29

• Recent member
Roku SoundBridges won't connect to 12.0.179 (**solved**)
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:59:25 pm »

I'm not the guy who posted this in the main 12.0.179 thread, but I also have SoundBridges that won't connect to 179. The MC library shows up on the SoundBridges, but I get a "Connection to server failed" message when I try to connect. My setup is:

Two SoundBridges - an M1001 with 2.7.65 beta firmware, and an M2000 with the latest release firmware (2.5.174). Neither will connect.

The server settings that worked in 12.0.164 were: auto detect receiver, convert if necessary to MP3 (all my audio is MP3 anyway), and auto TCP port.

I have tried various combinations of server settings in 179. Convert (no/yes/if needed), receiver (auto/SoundBridge) and log file requests (yes/no). Probably not *every* permutation of those, but enough to be stumped. A few random advanced receiver options too for good measure.

If you have specific things for me to try or additional questions I'd be happy to help, but please try to ask soon. I'll keep 179 for a day or so, but then I'll revert to 164. The SoundBridges are too important.

georgem29

• Recent member
Re: Roku SoundBridges won't connect to 12.0.179
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 06:07:53 pm »

Sigh, all that typing...

The one thing I hadn't tried was rebooting the SoundBridges. Did that and all is well. It's working with the same settings as 164 (plus no file request logging).

Never had to do that with previous MC upgrades.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Roku SoundBridges won't connect to 12.0.179 (**solved**)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:28:20 pm »

Thanks for providing the solution.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Roku SoundBridges won't connect to 12.0.179 (**solved**)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 06:40:37 pm »

Yes, thanks. I'd forgotten that. The Roku is *very* persistent about remembering the server details once it finds a server. Any change in those, and it won't find the new server (without a reboot).

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up