INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: startup to specific view scheme  (Read 1018 times)

quirtep

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
startup to specific view scheme
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:16:21 am »

Is there a way to make Media Center start to a specific view scheme?  I have it set to go to "Audio" in startup, but it would be nice to have it start on my primary view scheme.  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: startup to specific view scheme
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:02:25 pm »

You can customize Audio to look however you like.  Since it's at the top of the tree, it makes sense to make it your "primary" view scheme.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

quirtep

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:12:19 pm »

Yes, this makes good sense and it did cross my mind.  However, my logic is as follows:  I have a large collection of media.  Some of it is "sorted" which means that I have properly assigned tags and cover art, and some of it is "unsorted."  I would like to open by default to the "sorted" collection so that I can set the view scheme to display by cover art.

I use a custom tag called "category" to distinguish between sorted and unsorted.

If I tell the Audio scheme to include just files with "sorted" in the "category" tag then I could configure it to display by cover art without seeing blank covers, but the "unsorted" files would not even be accessible.

Currently, I have "sorted" and "unsorted" as child view schemes of Audio.

Does this all make sense?  I think the bottom line is that having the flexibility to start to a specific view scheme would be a nice luxury, but you're right that there are alternative ways of getting the job done.  Still, maybe for the next build...?  It would appreciated by at least this one user.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:43:01 pm »

If I tell the Audio scheme to include just files with "sorted" in the "category" tag then I could configure it to display by cover art without seeing blank covers, but the "unsorted" files would not even be accessible.

Set the audio scheme as you describe above, then right click on your 'unsorted' child scheme and choose edit view scheme.
deselect the option that says honour parent view search strings and then enter the required filters into step 4. You'll start with at least [media type]=audio -[category]=sorted

-marko.

quirtep

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:03:10 pm »

Thank you very much.  That's perfect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up