INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enable podcast download?  (Read 1637 times)

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Enable podcast download?
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:49:37 pm »

Ever since I switched to MC 12, new episodes of all of my podcasts show as "download disabled" until I click to download them. I can't find where to re-enable automatic downloads. I think there used to be a button on the main page for each podcast to enable/disable auto-downloading, but now there isn't. I've looked in the general podcast options, and in the options under "edit this feed" for the podcasts. What am I missing?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Enable podcast download?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:05:08 am »

You said you checked the "Edit this feed" box, but this is where the setting is.  Right click on the podcast in the tree and select "Edit."  In the box, use the "Download" dropdown to select the download option.  My guess is that your's is currently set to "Only Episodes I Select" at the moment.

Larry

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:20:29 am »

My guess is that your's is currently set to "Only Episodes I Select" at the moment.

I was afraid that was the only place to configure this, because they're all set to "all episodes" already. I'm going to try changing them to "only episodes I select" and back to "all episodes", and see if that clears whatever the problem is. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to delete them all and recreate them.

Thanks.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:39:39 am »

Did you make sure that none of the settings in "Options>Podcasts" is preventing them from downloading?  It sounds like you did, but there are some settings on that page that effect downloading, so you may want to triple-check.

Something is amiss because NONE of the podcasts that show up on my system say "download disabled" -- they just say "Download" in the "status" column.

You might try resetting up one of the podcasts again to see if this changes.  Since these podcasts were set up on MC11 (correct?), perhaps the version of MC12 you first installed did not properly "translate" the podcast settings.

Please let us know how you end up solving this.

Thanks,

Larry

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 11:31:22 pm »

I finally found it. If you right-click on Podcasts in the navigation pane, one of the menu items is "enable auto-download". Don't know why they stopped auto-downloading when I restored my MC11 library into MC12, but it's back to normal. Thanks for the suggestions.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 04:19:38 am »

I finally found it. If you right-click on Podcasts in the navigation pane, one of the menu items is "enable auto-download". Don't know why they stopped auto-downloading when I restored my MC11 library into MC12, but it's back to normal. Thanks for the suggestions.

That's really strange -- I don't see any "enable auto-download" item in any right-click menus.  I tried both the Podcast tree and the file view pane.

Larry

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:48:05 am »

It's not on the individual podcasts' right-click menus, which is why I couldn't find it for a while. Right-click the actual word "Podcasts" in the navigation pane, i.e. the root of the podcast tree. You can also right-click the "Downloaded Podcasts" item, or it's a button in the Podcasts Home section.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 02:47:53 pm »

It's not on the individual podcasts' right-click menus, which is why I couldn't find it for a while. Right-click the actual word "Podcasts" in the navigation pane, i.e. the root of the podcast tree. You can also right-click the "Downloaded Podcasts" item, or it's a button in the Podcasts Home section.

Wow -- you're right -- I completely missed that also.

Note that if you just highlight "Podcasts" in the tree, those selections are at the top of the main view window as well.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up