INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Information Rules - Anyone Know What They Are?  (Read 1335 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Duplicate Information Rules - Anyone Know What They Are?
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:59:17 pm »

There is a check made when doing a sync to see if there is duplicate information.  If it finds duplicate information, it gives the following message:

"You are attempting to transfer multiple tracks with duplicate information.  Would you like to remove the duplicates and continue with the transfer?"

Does anyone know what the rules are for flagging tracks as duplicate information?

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Duplicate Information Rules - Anyone Know What They Are?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:11:39 pm »

I was wondering the same thing today.

Time to hit the "Notify" button.  ;D

Michel.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:52:48 pm »

There is a check made when doing a sync to see if there is duplicate information.  If it finds duplicate information, it gives the following message:

"You are attempting to transfer multiple tracks with duplicate information.  Would you like to remove the duplicates and continue with the transfer?"

Does anyone know what the rules are for flagging tracks as duplicate information?

I don't think it means diuplicates in the MC library, but somehow you have a bad snyc where the same file (file location) is being transfered twice.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 10:30:49 pm »

I don't think it means diuplicates in the MC library, but somehow you have a bad snyc where the same file (file location) is being transfered twice.

That may or may not be it.  That's why I'm trying to figure out the rules. 

I've had this message when my library was messed up.  In those cases, I had duplicate entries in the library for the same file (file location).  I've also had the message where it is actually different files (file location), but was recognized as the same and shown up as a duplicate.  I think there is checking being done using tags. 

I have multiple disc CD's.  I use the same album name for all discs and use the Disc # tag to differentiate them.  In this case I'm getting duplicates in the message that are not really duplicates (the song name may be the same, but they are on different disc #).

So if I can figure out the rules, I can track alll of this down.

Any help is appreciated....
Pages: [1]   Go Up