INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless on iPOD  (Read 1302 times)

majouz

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Gapless on iPOD
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:08:25 pm »

I have a 5th generation iPOD (80GB). Can I by using MC11 or 12 make gapless tracks on iy? It is understood that iPODs don't support transitions or crossfades but how about gapless?

mightybrick

• Recent member
  • I administer radiation.
Re: Gapless on iPOD
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:22:43 pm »

Nope.  The lack of gapless playback is the fault of the iPod's firmware.  Only an alternate firmware on the iPod can remedy the situation.  Installing Rockbox alternate firmware (www.rockbox.org) on my iPod Nano gave me gapless playback.  Unfortunately, Rockbox is not yet compatible with the 80 GB iPods, but they are working on it.

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 05:11:54 am »

I get gapless playback on my 5th-gen iPod (60gb) using MC12 and Apple's firmware.

Possibly I'm imagining it ?

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 05:21:16 am »

I guess thats because you play thru MC12 and MC12 "patches" the gaps.  But the question here if I understand correctly relates to playing back *directly* on the iPod. Certainly my 80GB Generation 5 cant handle gapless either.

I'll check out this alternative Firmware stuff. Wasnt aware this exists. Does nay usere here have experience with this software?  I understnad its not working with the 80Gig version yet, but just a general question.

Thanks
BB

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:41 am »

I guess thats because you play thru MC12 and MC12 "patches" the gaps.  But the question here if I understand correctly relates to playing back *directly* on the iPod. Certainly my 80GB Generation 5 cant handle gapless either.

Nope, I don't listen to the music on the iPod like that, I'm talking about using the iPod away from the computer.

I'm absolutely sure the iPod supports gapless, and has done for some time now. Something to do with information in LAME-encoded MP3's - I don't know the ins and outs but the info is on the forums somewhere.

SwellGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 04:24:06 pm »

A fix for gapless is in testing now...

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 08:40:55 am »

This will be excellent for listening to mixtapes on the iPod. I'd love this fix.

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 09:06:18 am »

I have noticed recently that my iPod 5G also supports gapless. Maybe this is because of the latest firmware installation? When I bought it there was no gapless support for sure. Never missed it before anyway, but not I have an album that "needs" gapless playback and I'm happy to have no problems on 5G.

cu/Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up