INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library stat's  (Read 1437 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
library stat's
« on: February 21, 2007, 08:59:39 pm »

Older versions of MC (or was it MJ) could generate library stat's such as total clips, #artists, #albums. How can that be accomplished in MC 12?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: library stat's
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 01:36:16 am »

I (and others) have asked about this many times before and I have yet to get a good answer.  I am not sure what happened to the option!  It was very handy to see quick stats.  I even proposed the community here thinking up interesting statistics that MC could generate, with perhaps even a graph.  Wouldn't that be neat if you could print a one-page summary of your library, perhaps listing lots of stats with some graphs and top artists by rating, number of plays, songs, albums, etc?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:17:23 am »

A long time request, have to wait & see, if they get some spare time we might get lucky.

Can't help thinking  it's one of those give-them-an-inch-and-they-will-demand-a-foot type of features  :D

benn600

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:53:39 am »

Here's my issue:  It used to be in Media Center!!!!  First, it may still be there but no one has found it yet.  I was thinking it would fit well under the short File menu.  File > Library Statistics.  Then, bring up a small pane in the bottom left viewer area.  I'm still amazed how well that viewer area works compared to the popup which takes over the screen.

I just came up with a quick idea.  On the Tag window, it would be great if there was a LOCK.  That way, you could click the LOCK to hold the selection in the Tag section.  This way, you could select songs you want to retag, LOCK it, and then go find info for the tag update by searching MC and not losing your selection.  Ain't a bad idea?

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 09:02:17 am »

I just came up with a quick idea.  On the Tag window, it would be great if there was a LOCK.  That way, you could click the LOCK to hold the selection in the Tag section.  This way, you could select songs you want to retag, LOCK it, and then go find info for the tag update by searching MC and not losing your selection.  Ain't a bad idea?

Would a split view do that for you?  Select in one and use the other for searches?

benn600

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:49:34 am »

No, I know you can figure out these statistics with some complex search terms...just using limit for one song from each album would give you the answer to number of albums.  I want it built in, though.  More stats like number of each file type with a graph (like this forum's graph for each forum's activity).  There are more things that could be interesting and useful.

I would especially like the top 10 artists to be listed.  Top 10 artists by number of songs, top 10 artists by overall average rating (based on their songs).
Pages: [1]   Go Up