INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noob to V12... Stumped on how to delete and repopulate my Video Ipod!!  (Read 772 times)

bradesp

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Guys,

Had nothing but smooth sailing with my prior Zen Handheld mp3 players, but finally gave in to buy my first Ipod.  I connected the Video 80gb Ipod several weeks back to Version 11.1 and used the supplied plug-in.  I then spent time dragging those artists / albums onto the handheld plug-in.  After 3+ house all 270 albums I selected were "on the ipod".. problem was when I used the Ipod NONE of the songs show up... it looks completely empty.  I then reconnect and all the songs show-up inside Media Center.  ARrrrrgggggh.

So today I upgrade to Version 12 hoping this will clear things up.  Again V12 can "see" the loaded songs.  So now I'm wondering now I can delete the songs and repopulate them in hopes that the Ipod will then recognize the contenst of it's hard disc.

Can someone explain to a noob how I go about deleting content from the Ipod from within Media Center v12?

Also if you have ANY tips on getting my Ipod to recognize the content on it's Hard Disc PLEASE pass it along!

Thanks!!!

bradesp

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Right-click the iPod in MC's tree and pick "Reinitialize".  This will erase everything and start over.

Then use the Action Window to drop an album or two on the iPod.

Do the upload, and test to see if it's working.

If it is (and it should), move on to bigger and fancier uploads.  You may want to try "syncing" playlists and smartlists. (available in Options > Handheld)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up