INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug - MC12 doesn't update library when...  (Read 925 times)

Polfliet

• Recent member
Bug - MC12 doesn't update library when...
« on: February 24, 2007, 11:43:35 am »

I recently upgraded to MC12 expecting streamlined and perhaps an even better MC, but ran into 2 problems immediately:

1)  I set "Overwright existing files that have the same name" under "Advanced Ripping Options".  I re-rip a song as wma lossless that was previously ripped as wma vbr (lower bitrate).  The new file overwrights the old file, but the library does not update.  The new file does not even show up as recently imported because the import date is not updated as well.

2)  I used to use the audio button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen of MC11 to "reset" the audio view and re-sort all the columns to the sort settings for "audio".  This no longer works by using the new audio button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen after selecting a different column to sort by.  In other words, you do a search for artist "A" and then want to bring back all audio (sorted as is it should be).  You can no longer select "Audio" or even a View Scheme to do this.  I also could not find a "hot-key" or other button to accomplish this.  It is a pain to always have to selct a different view or playlist, then select "audio" just to rest the view to be able to do a fresh search on the entire musci database.

Any help would be appreciated.  I've used MC for quite a few years and still feel it is superior to WMP 11 and iTunes, but the gap is narrowing.  I would love for it to continue to be the very best audio all-in-one tool there is.

Thanks,
Chuck

aksdb

• Recent member
Re: Bug - MC12 doesn't update library when...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:16:40 pm »

ad 2)
right in the search box is a small "x" which you can click to reset the search.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug - MC12 doesn't update library when...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 02:29:29 pm »

The new file over-wrights the old file, but the library does not update.

This bug was reported once (by me).

A Work Around Is You Must Have Auto Import Turned On and directed to that folder and or sub folders of the main folder.

I am not sure if this bug has been fixed in any newer builds.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up