INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win2k input plugin for flac?  (Read 1611 times)

jmx

• Recent member
Win2k input plugin for flac?
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:35:15 pm »

I can't get the MC12 flac input plugin to install on my win2k sp4 system. (I'm running MC12, 0.164)

I've tried 2.1.2 and 2.1.3, and neither will install. I've tried adding the plug-in via the "Manage Plug-ins"  screen (inside of MC12) and also by executing the in_FLAC.mjp file, both with MC12 running and not running. I've even tried cheating by copying over the dll when MC isn't running.

When clicking on the .mjp file, the error box says "Cannot load plug-in" and tells me the pathname to the MC12 plugins directory. It then tells me "Failed to install package" and tells me the pathname to the .dll that the mjp was trying to load. (The .dll is there btw).

When using the MC Plugin manager, after I click on the in_FLAC.dll , it just gives an error box with "failed to install plug-in".

I turned on logging, then tried all of the above, but there's nothing in the log about flac or any dll.

I have been able to use the  Plugin mgr to load an in_FLAC.dll  that comes with the flac 1.1.4 package. That plug-in works fine for playing .flac files, but it does not read the tags.

btw, I also have a  MC12.164 setup on  a XP system, with flac 2.1.3, and everything works fine.
It seems to be completely win2k specific, and is very reproducible.
For some reason, I smell a registry problem, but that's completely a guess.

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Win2k input plugin for flac?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 11:15:25 pm »

Yeah, either registry, or something like the VC run-time not compatible.

Check the registry under HKLM\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\Input.  If there's not a FLAC key or if it's empty, then it's a registry problem.

If the key and the entries look OK and point to the right place, then it must be a run-time that can't be found.

jmx

• Recent member
Re: Win2k input plugin for flac?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 09:16:44 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up