INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.179  (Read 12162 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.179
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:54:14 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120179.exe

12.0.179 (02/23/07)

1. Fixed: Downloader views wouldn't work nicely with the forward / back commands.
2. Fixed: The names of some Google videos would show escape characters. (like ')
3. Fixed: MC installer did not properly detect Windows Media Format installation failures.
4. Changed: Create Web gallery replaced in topmost right click menu with create mygal gallery.
5. NEW: Create MyGal Gallery action window.  (Not complete.  No progress AW.)  It is invoked by the right click menu in item 4.
6. Changed: More tweaks in DVB-T audio tuning.
7. NEW: Added experimental Theater View option to integrate playing video into the background. (Options > Theater View > Advanced)

12.0.178 (02/23/07)

1. Changed: Dropping a playlist on a data burn now includes the playlist file instead of the files inside the playlist. (audio burns still expand the playlist)
2. Fixed: Some text searches could be treated like numeric searches for "0", causing false hits. (introduced in build 177)
3. Fixed: Search-style library items showed all files instead of filtered files in grouping views.
4. Fixed: Downloading of some Google Video files that pointed to YouTube would not work properly.
5. Fixed: If one of the core JRiver DLLs was read-only, installation would fail.

12.0.177 (02/22/07)

1. NEW: Picking "Update Library (from tags)" will always rebuild the thumbnail. (useful for videos that have failed to thumbnail, but a configuration change now makes them thumb-able)
2. Fixed: Resizing images that were rotated at display time using EXIF information wouldn't work properly.
3. Changed: "Resize Images" always uses bicubic resizing while shrinking images for the best possible quality.
4. Fixed: Droppping an audio file into Playing Now while it was showing thumbnails of images could put the list in a strange state.
5. NEW: "Export Playlist" has a checkbox to create playlists with relative paths.
6. Fixed: Dropping a large directory structure of data files from Explorer to the burner wouldn't put all the files in their proper folders.
7. Fixed: Zone-specific audio output device selection was not honored when playing Windows Media video.
8. Changed: Searching numeric fields no longer has special handling for empty / zero values. (please report if this causes any smartlist strangeness)
9. Fixed: Individual Track Lookup and submission wasn't working.
10. NEW: GalleryCreator now honors [IMAGE:ORIG] and [IMAGE:FULLSIZE] tags.  FULLSIZE == the old ORIGINAL. ORIG is for non image files.  (I'm currently filtering non images so for the moment this is all moot.)
11. NEW: GalleryCreator generates a playlist for MyGal Galleries.

12.0.176 (02/21/07)

1. Fixed: Google Video videos could not be downloaded in some cases.
2. Fixed: Manually doing "Import Playlist" on a playlist that was already imported wouldn't work properly.
3. Fixed: DVD's with RCE can now be ripped properly.
4. Fixed: A few small memory leaks.
5. NEW: A "Restart Player" context menu option to restart player graph of TV in time-shifting mode (available only when time-shifting has not lasted longer than the maximum time-shifting buffer duration).
6. Fixed: Library grouping views didn't work nicely with view schemes that included smartlists.
7. Changed: The installer could fail to detect an instance of the program running in a different user account.
8. Fixed: When a button's enabled state was changed, it would not always draw properly.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 12.0.179
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:01:50 am »

12.0.175 (02/20/07)

1. Fixed: Library grouping views wouldn't work properly with the "search list" type view scheme items.
2. Fixed: Dropping a playlist group onto itself and picking "Copy" could hang the program.
3. Changed: Media Center is more responsive while a background thread is searching the database.
4. NEW: Playlist views that can't be filled quickly fill themselves using a background thread. (example: Playlist Group containing many smartlists, etc.)
5. Changed: Huge TIFF images, etc. that would consume over 20% of the system's available memory when decoded are no longer loaded in the background during a slideshow. (still done with most images to provide instant image switching)
6. Fixed: Media Center would fail to import JPEG files that used a file extension of a different image format. (like .tif, .bmp, etc.)
7. Fixed: Dvd rip progress sometimes showed invalid results.
8. NEW: Added "Save As Playlist" to Theater View's Playing Now. (new playlist saved as "Theater View (xyz)" where xyz is the date)
9. Fixed: Theater View's "Playing Now" wouldn't scroll to the playing song when first being shown.
10. Changed: When Theater View's Playing Now shows the playing file, it centers it so the next several files to play are also visible.
11. Changed: Renamed split view options to be more standard.

12.0.174 (02/19/07)

1. Changed: Mouse cursor changes to "hand" when mouse is on top of a DVD menu button.
2. Changed: For DVD playback YUVMixing mode is no longer used with VMR9.
3. NEW: Split views can be arranged as "Vertical", "Horizontal", and "Tabs". (Tabs option is an experiment, it may not remain)
4. Changed: Relaxed DVD video decoder filtering. Now more decoders are listed for users to select.
5. Fixed: Thumbnails on "My Computer" would confuse Library Server.
6. Fixed: Improved auto-detection of Avel Link player.
7. Fixed: View headers didn't nicely update on skin changes.

12.0.173 (02/16/07)

1. Changed: More tweaks in DVB-T TV audio rendering.
2. Fixed: Perbcast server .mjp removed (again) from the build.

12.0.172 (02/16/07)

1. Fixed: Removed the perbcast server mjp from the build.
2. Changed: Old perbcast server deleted on new install.
3. Fixed: DVD discs were disappearing from MC's view.
4. Fixed: MC mistakenly failed ripping DVD discs that were missing a VIDEO_TS.VOB file.. this file is optional.
5. NEW: iPods support gapless playback. (requires gapless compatible iPod and LAME (or other gapless friendly) MP3s)

12.0.171 (02/15/07)

1. Changed: Further simplified/optimized digital TV time-shifting graph-building. This slightly shortens delay in channel switching during time-shifting.
2. Changed: DVB-T TV graph-building attempts to set audio format before connection, to avoid having to change it later.
3. Fixed: DVD ripping was disabled.
4. Fixed: Thumbnail lists could crash when building thumbnails in some cases.
5. Fixed: AVI files had wrong MIME type.
6. Fixed: HTTP ContentLength header was wrong for partial content.
7. Fixed: HTTP Headers with multiple values were ignoring second and higher values.
8. Changed: DVD ripper now checks for sufficient disk space prior to starting.
9. Fixed: Individual Track Lookup would sometimes submit floating point numbers with commas instead of periods, confusing the server.
10. NEW: Added File Request logging flag to UPnP server, now file requests are not logged by default.
11. Fixed: Images on ftp:// servers would not be properly displayed.
12. Optimized: Improved image thumbnailing speed in many cases.
13. Fixed: RAW images located at http:// and ftp:// addresses would not load properly.
14. Fixed: Resizing TIFF (or other non-JPEG) images didn't work properly.
15. Fixed: Syncronizing to handheld could cause delayed crash/problems.
16. NEW: Added 'I' and 'O' as methods to zoom image playback In and Out. (as well as the mouse wheel, and plus / minus keys)
17. NEW: After doing a quick zoom during image playback with the 1...9 keys, the mouse cursor is automatically moved to the zoom point.
18. Fixed: Syncronizing to handheld could cause delayed crash/problems.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:02:44 am »

12.0.170 (02/14/07)

1. NEW: During image playback, the numbers 1...9 on the keyboard can be used to quickly zoom. (1 is no zoom, 9 is a lot of zoom) (zoom honors mouse position as center point for zoom)
2. NEW: In the UPnP server, large JPEG images can be shrunk, so devices like the DSM-320 can display them.
3. Fixed: Transparency would not work correctly with some GIF files.
4. Fixed: DVD rip progress bar would disappear toward end of rip.
5. Changed: DVD's now ripped to full disc rather than just largest title.

12.0.169 (02/13/07)

1. Changed: MyGal removed from the Action Window.
2. Changed: Updated Ogg Vorbis encoder to 2.83.
3. Fixed: A bug in some directory functions.  (And a bug in that bug fix fixed.)
4. Changed: TV behavior is more defined when user clicks "0" and "Enter" on keypad.
5. Changed: TV can now be started by clicking the "Watch" button without first selecting an channel. Its behavior is the same as clicking "0" and "Enter" on keypad.
6. Fixed: Close/cancel button not working correctly in DVD rip action window.
7. Fixed: Ripped DVD file not getting imported.
8. Changed: Added rip start and cancel buttons to view header for dvd ripping.
9. Changed: More status information during DVD rip.
10. Fixed: DVD output file not getting deleted following canceled or failed rip.
11. Fixed: Setting wallpaper under Vista with UAC enabled would not work properly.
12. Changed: DVB-T TV tries to fix broken filter graph after changing audio media type.
13. Changed: Create Web Gallery moved up a couple of levels in the right click menu.
14. Fixed: Ripped DVD submission to YADB was using the wrong fingerprint.
15. Fixed: On Vista with UAC enabled, installing the MP3 plugin would fail instead of asking for elevated privileges.
16. NEW: Registration should work under vista with UAC enabled.  (Many dialogs.)
17. Changed: Digital TV time-shifting graph is built in more efficient manner. This should solve DVB-T time-shifting problem on HD channels.
18. Fixed: Volume control would not allow setting volume on sound cards that didn't support balance.
19. NEW: Volume control (in "System volume" mode) slaves to the current audio output line so that it works more nicely with multi-sound card and multi-zone setups.
20. Fixed: mp4 files had the wrong content type associated with them.
21. Fixed: In some cases, MC would incorrectly stop trying to build a thumbnail for a file. (do 'Update Library from Tags' to fix)
22. Changed: Changing the cover art for an audio file will always save tags regardless of the 'save cover art in tags' setting. (this means removing art will pull it out of the tag, even if 'save in tags' isn't selected)
23. Fixed: mp3 files had the wrong MIME type associated with them.

12.0.167 (02/09/07)

1. Fixed: Menus.
2. NEW: DVD Ripping.
3. NEW: MyGal as Action Window (sorta).

12.0.166 (02/09/2007)

1. NEW: DVD meta-data is auto-submitted to YADB just like with CDs.
2. Changed: Renamed some options to reflect addition of DVD lookup to YADB.
3. Fixed: If a file was manually added to the handheld queue, then removed, dropping it again would not re-add it until clearing the queue and starting over.
4. Fixed: "Add Pane..." / "Remove Pane..." pane right-click menu items were not translatable.
5. Fixed: Cross fading wasn't working for audio CD burning.
6. Fixed: Recording mp3 streams with Icy metadata had gitches on playback.
7. Optimized: Improved performance of loading png, tiff, and a few other image formats. (especially during thumbnailing)
8. Changed: Background thumbnailing generates two thumbnails at a time instead of four in most cases.
9. Changed: When a stack of thumbnails includes unbuilt thumbs, no image is shown in the stack instead of placeholders. (since the no thumb images don't stack nicely due to their non-standard shapes)
10. Fixed: Mime Type for JPEGs was not the best (it was image/jpg, now image/jpeg)
11. Fixed: Crash if a cache build was started just after a handheld was pulled from the system.
12. NEW: DVD tags can be submitted to YADB for ripped DVDs.
13. NEW: Thumbnail building works on a quota system so that small files build several at a time, but huge RAW, TIFF, etc. images run fewer at a time. (prevents running out of memory with 50+ mega-pixel images, etc.)

12.0.165 (02/07/2007)

1. NEW: Mouse-wheel scrolls inside long menus.
2. Changed: Added "Resize Image..." back into the menu for images.
3. Fixed: The header when clicking on view that shows a local webpage could show "index.html" instead of the page title.
4. Changed: Added an optional third parameter to PadNumber(...) to allow specifying the padding character. (i.e PadNumber([Track #], 3, / ) to pad with space)
5. NEW: Revised the MP3 Encoding options. (thanks AlexB!)
6. Changed: Updated LAME encoder to 3.97 release. (use Help > Check For Updates to get)
7. Fixed: On Vista, Library Server might use an old copy of the library.
8. Fixed: Thumbnail views of data files wouldn't use the shell file type icon like details views would.
9. Changed: The "no thumb" images used everywhere in the program are now the same. (between Theater View, Standard View, etc.)
10. NEW: Update no thumb images, and made them media type specific.
11. Changed: Data file thumbnail quality will be better in many cases. (especially on Vista where 256x256 icons are available)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 09:55:22 am »

That's a lot of changes.  :)

Now that it's out there, I hope we can get subtitles ripped to a folder of our choosing, and the ability to rip certain audio tracks independently (commentaries etc.)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
New split views nice but...
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 11:25:41 am »

I really like the new options for split views!

The tabbed view allows to quickly change between my favorite view schemes. What I miss here ist the common shortkey CTRL+TAB to switch between views.

But there's one thing still missing which is the reason me (and probably many users) didn't use the split view function. I would like to be able to fix a split view to a certain view scheme. E.g I want one view for playing now, another one for my favorite home list and a third one for my complete library. At the moment, I lose the playing now view after a view clicks because I forget that I need to activate the other view first.

My proposal is to be able to "freeze" one split view to a desired view scheme. If I choose to have 2 split views I can freeze one view, if I choose 3 split views, I can freeze 2 of them. One must always be flexible.

Second, the searches should only apply to the active view (or the flexible).

With this, I am sure view schemes would become a valuable function.

marcusaschneider

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 02:46:19 pm »

7. Fixed: On Vista, Library Server might use an old copy of the library.

Thanks.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 03:52:36 pm »

I thought MC could rip copy-protected discs?  Not that I want you to support that, but doesn't the ability to rip RCE discs (see above) mean MC can rip commercial DVDs?  I tried and it said it can't because it's copy-protected.

rjm

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:41:44 pm »

Import still reports DVDs have changed when they haven't.

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 12:16:11 am »

I just burned an 81 minute overburn.

When it finished I was asked to continue a multi-burn, twice, I canceled it.

Checked the disc and the overburn came out fine.

DC

marcusaschneider

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 12:19:07 am »

Though not mentioned - but the Multi CD Data Burn issue with oversized images seems fixed. Again thanks.

Marcus

marcusaschneider

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 12:23:15 am »

2. Changed: Updated Ogg Vorbis encoder to 2.83.

In Plug-In Manager, still version 2.0.67 is shown. Is this correct? (does the plug-in version differ from the encoder version?)

Marcus

pank2002

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 05:31:29 am »

Please let MC be more “open minded” when reading XML-files of podcasts. Especially concerning the date field; sometimes MC will reject a feed due to minor errors in the date field. I.e. “pubDate value=22. February 2007” (the period should not be there).

It is super annoying! Not all web masters does a good job of writing proper xml files, but it should not be the user’s job to write the web master every time his or her feed does not work! Please fix MC to handle badly written XML files better.

Cheers,
Rasmus 
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

rokuuser

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 06:22:11 am »

MC 12 crashes then freezes my computer when I do the following:
Detach display using SoftSkies
Regular view works fine

For the record I am using
Vista Ultimate
Athlon 64x2 4200
etc....

not sure if it is a softskies or mc issue

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 07:44:46 am »

I'm trying to play ripped DVDs (one ripped into normal ts_audio/ video folders from an iso file, and another straight DVD rip), and it has launched an active x window to play. This has screwed with MC's interface and after minimizing it, I cant get it back.

runemail

• World Citizen
  • Soft Rock
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 08:04:56 am »

Ripping a dvd always rips to :

C:\USERS\Username\VIDEOS\DVD VOLUME\VIDEO_TS\

Even if i set a different location in rip settings.
Running Vista x64.

We really need separate options for ripping CD and DVD...

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 08:22:44 am »

More on DVD rip...

On XP, it defaults to ....My Documents/My Videos.... (same issue per above re: DVD ripping path).  I agree, we should probably have different options for CD vs. DVD ripping.

Also, I've found at least one DVD that it will not rip:  Charles Mingus:  Triumph of the Underdog.

For some reason, MC does not find any "tracks" on this DVD and will not rip it.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 08:43:32 am »

DVD ripping of protected content is disabled in the last few versions.

You can change the location by editing the registry.  See johnt's recent post on this.  We'll make it an option soon.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 10:05:08 am »

Burning data CDs/DVDs with more than 8.3 names is still not possible ?
No matter what i configure in the burning options.
This worked in previous versions (some time ago).

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 10:07:32 am »

You can change the location by editing the registry.  See johnt's recent post on this

I dont think he can.

So:

you can at least change the destination path of the ripped dvd files by editing a registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Properties\DVDRip - Base Path
an example value for this text key would be "E:\DVDMovies"
The key will be created if you start ripping a DVD. Then you can cancel the rip and edit the key.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 10:22:45 am »

BUG Ripping DVD: I get the error message "Rip failed. Not enough Space on drice C:\"   even though I have pointed MC12 at "File Locations" to use drive "O:\" as ripping location.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 10:28:46 am »

Ripping a dvd always rips to :

C:\USERS\Username\VIDEOS\DVD VOLUME\VIDEO_TS\

Even if i set a different location in rip settings.
Running Vista x64.

We really need separate options for ripping CD and DVD...

Sorry, didnt notice but this post addresses the same issue as mine above

NB: Doesnt just happen on Vista but also on XP

BB

marcusaschneider

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 11:37:46 am »

Sorry - this is now ripping issue, this is the background "Submit to YADB Dialog".
Any CD Ripping now finishes off with a dialog window saying "Action: Failed", Status:"Unable to add to database". Obviously though, anything went fine. Tracks have been added to database as expected, no information missing...
Ripping to FLAC, no other formats tested.

edit: it is not any rip, i had one now where this message did not come up.

Running Vista:
Media Center Registered 12.0.179 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Unknown 1851 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 1194 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-4550A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M: OS6001X QWR020T           Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-4550A    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Marcus

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 11:48:28 am »

Any CD Ripping now finishes off with a dialog window saying "Action: Failed", Status:"Unable to add to database". Obviously though, anything went fine. Tracks have been added to database as expected, no information missing...

Just ripped a CD to APE. No problem with that format

zzoemie

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 02:25:55 pm »

I can only select the internal soundcard in the recorder window, while my sytem is fitted with an external U46DJ usb soundcard from ESI-Pro.
How can i resolve this?
I want to be able to use the usb soundcard instead of the internal realtec soundcard.

Greetz ?

zzoemie

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 02:39:37 pm »

When sending a playlist or seperate files to the label wizard, i always get an memory read error message when i close the wizard without printing the label.

Why can't we add a picture on the back cover of a audio cd via the label wizard?

JONCAT

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 03:08:07 pm »

ZZomie

1. I also get the error no matter what, after printing successfully or not; closing out of the label wizard causes a memory error. I just ingnore it, it has been around for me since .164

2. The autofont size select also seems to be a little extreme, choosing 2 when 3 or 4 would work. We aren't allowed to select anything manually below 8, which would be nice when trying to squeeze a list of 60+ MP3s burned to a CD.

DC

marcusaschneider

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 01:06:44 am »

Though not mentioned - but the Multi CD Data Burn issue with oversized images seems fixed. Again thanks.

Marcus

Unfortunately I just had luck with my first try - the issue is still there. I changed the order of files in the playlist I want to burn and the first image created was 843 MB instead of the expected < 700 MB.

Running Vista
Media Center Registered 12.0.179 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Unknown 1860 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 1173 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-4550A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M: OS6001X QWR020T           Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-4550A    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 06:48:56 am »

Hello,

I m a long time user of Media Center, and I've tried to move to version 12 today.
This version seems great but there is a functionality that I was using most of the time which seems to have disapeared.
I use to the main view to navigate and the "action window>build playlist>Edit playing now"  to track my play list in a small window at the same time.
With the new version I didn't find  how to access the PlayingNow list in the active window.
The only solution I found is to have a "split view", but this is a lot less convenient.
Was the Playing Now action windows a removed feature or did I do something wrong ?
Thanks

PhDSM

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 07:23:53 am »

phDSM, try right clicking on PN in the tree, choose "Edit Playing Now", I believe this is what you're after.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 07:34:46 am »

"2. Changed: Updated Ogg Vorbis encoder to 2.83."

In Plug-In Manager, still version 2.0.67 is shown. Is this correct? (does the plug-in version differ from the encoder version?)

2.0.67 is the JRiver Ogg Vorbis plug-in version. The new encoder exe is the recently released aoTuV r1 version (OggEnc v2.83 libvorbis aoTuVr1).

Also, the MP3 encoder is updated to the LAME 3.97 release (update from: Help > Check for updates). In addition, MC has a couple of new lover lower bitrate MP3 VBR options.

EDIT
but you really meant *lover*?  :)

Lovers don't need as high audio quality. They have other things on their minds...  ;D
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 07:49:20 am »

... Was the Playing Now action windows a removed feature or did I do something wrong?

It was moved, not removed: MC tree > Playing Now > Right-click > Edit Playing Now...

The same works with all standard playlists (naturally it is not possible with smartlists).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marcusaschneider

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 09:07:50 am »

Also, the MP3 encoder is updated to the LAME 3.97 release (update from: Help > Check for updates). In addition, MC has a couple of new lover bitrate MP3 VBR options.

Seen them - looks good, seems fast, but you really meant *lover*? ;D

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 10:18:49 am »

Sorry - this is now ripping issue, this is the background "Submit to YADB Dialog".

Next time this happens, please note the exact time, your IP address if you know it, the exact track lengths of the first 5 tracks of the CD if you're not sure of your IP address and post here.

Thanks,

j

sunra

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 11:36:54 am »

I am a registered user of version 10 of mediacenter I would like to upgrade. Does any know of an 800 number so that I can purchase the upgrade?

Thanx

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 11:42:46 am »

Thanks, but it's only sold through the purchase option under Help in MC.  It is secure.

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »

After installing version 12.0.179, my Roku Soundbridge could no longer connect to Media Center's UPNP server. A downgrade to version 12.0.164 fixed the problem. But I'd really like to use the new build.

Can anybody else verify this behaviour? Can this be fixed, JRiver?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 03:33:09 pm »

Please let MC be more “open minded” when reading XML-files of podcasts. Especially concerning the date field; sometimes MC will reject a feed due to minor errors in the date field. I.e. “pubDate value=22. February 2007” (the period should not be there).

I'll look at this -- j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 03:37:45 pm »

After installing version 12.0.179, my Roku Soundbridge could no longer connect to Media Center's UPNP server. A downgrade to version 12.0.164 fixed the problem. But I'd really like to use the new build.

Can anybody else verify this behaviour? Can this be fixed, JRiver?

It's working for me. Please start a new thread with your server options.

Thanks,

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 03:45:18 pm »

Can you give me an example podcast?

Thanks,

j

pank2002

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 04:01:55 pm »

Can you give me an example podcast?

Thanks,

j

Please check this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38922.0
There is also an example of a badly written XML file.

Thanks,
Rasmus

PS: Also check feedvalidator.org, for finding errors. MC should be able to work around the most common errors
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

JONCAT

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 05:14:22 pm »

Seeing lock ups for the last few builds, really frustrating, and occuring quite often but repeatable in any sense. During Tree usage, I go to open up my Music schemes and MC locks up HARD. Is ANYONE seeing this? This happens most often when I start using the tree, but sometimes it hits over in the Tiles when switching between schemes.

Also, ripping with playback...ripping stops, playback stops at end of song, MC stops, just grinds to a halt. I can run MC playback while crunching 100% cpu Folding@Home no hiccups, nada, and yet MC itself crashes and hangs of its own accord with these internal glitches all the time.

I have my 3rd party plugs disabled including Playing Now.

I am hoping to hear if other users are having any of these hangups, or if I need to dig deeper.

EDIT - My only idea is that this all has something to do with the shared database feature. I'll try to make some specific tests with & without the Read Only access to the database.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.179 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3000 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 05:33:24 pm »

I don't think I've had a single crash with MC 12 since Scthom enhanced his FLAC plugin so it wouldn't cause crashes.  I love crash-free environments!  You can get a lot of work (rating songs, lol) done.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 06:00:46 pm »

I seem to have lost the ability to burn audio CDs with MC (179). Whenever I drop files to the "drop files here" arrow I get a window saying:

Burning Rights
One or more subscription tracks you are trying to add to your queue may only be utilized as part of a subscription and do not allow you purchase or burn the tracks to CD.

This happens to every file type. APE, flac, mp3, ogg and wav. None of them should have any sort of DRM associated with them, subscription based or otherwise.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 09:17:22 pm »

Huge Annoyance:

Select an image from a list and double-click it to view in full screen mode, then double-click it again to bring you back to the list, the screen scrolls up to the top of the list no matter where the image was located in the list! I then have to scroll down (sometimes hundreds of photos) to find where I left off! I wish MC would remember my location when browsing photos and switching from full screen and back.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 07:10:21 am »

I don't know if this is the right thread or not but this is the first time I have had problems installing MC12. With this version it gives me an error just after downloading the Windows Media Redistribution files and begins to install it. It gives me an error that something is missing and that if I continue the install some windows media encoding funtionality will be disabled. I am able to continue the install without a problem. I have not run into this situation on any previous builds. Was wondering if anyone knows what is happening here. Also I was curious why the installer continues to download and install this redistribution can't it just check to see if your system already has it (from the many previous builds) and just continue with what's needed?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 07:43:42 am »

I don't know if this is the right thread or not but this is the first time I have had problems installing MC12. With this version it gives me an error just after downloading the Windows Media Redistribution files and begins to install it. It gives me an error that something is missing and that if I continue the install some windows media encoding funtionality will be disabled. I am able to continue the install without a problem. I have not run into this situation on any previous builds. Was wondering if anyone knows what is happening here. Also I was curious why the installer continues to download and install this redistribution can't it just check to see if your system already has it (from the many previous builds) and just continue with what's needed?

3. Fixed: MC installer did not properly detect Windows Media Format installation failures.

Previously the error was undetected. You had not been able to install WMF11 each time you installed MC. That meant each time you installed MC, it downloaded WMF11 and tried and failed to install it.

Now we detect the error and warn you about it. It is OK to continue installing MC with that error. But if you do not take further corrective action you will have the same thing going the next time. Try run Window Update to get all essential components of Windows updated. Then hopefully you will not have the same error again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 07:49:33 am »

Thanks

I did not install windows media player 11 as the updat,e all other so called critical updates have been done. I didn't think having WMP11 would be a necessary component of MC12. What are the benefits of downloading WMP11 when MC12 does everything better anyway? Does anyone recommend the update even if they don't use WMP11?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 08:15:29 am »

I did not install windows media player 11 as the updat,e all other so called critical updates have been done. I didn't think having WMP11 would be a necessary component of MC12. What are the benefits of downloading WMP11 when MC12 does everything better anyway? Does anyone recommend the update even if they don't use WMP11?

I rarely use or need WMP, but I have installed and tried WMP11 on my laptop. I like WMP10 better and I'm going to keep it on my main MC PC (a HTPC that is also the home network server).

Since the new WM codec version is obviously only for WMP11 I have not allowed MC12 to try to install the codecs on the HTPC. I can control this because my Firewall asks for permission to allow the MC12 installer download the codec pack.

I have no problems with playing any of my few Windows Media files with MC12 and the older WM codec version, but I don't have any DRM protected WM files.

The only thing that bothers me is the interruption each time I install a new MC12 build. MC 12 asks if I want to continue the install process after the unsuccessful WM codec download attempt.

stirfry

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 09:18:26 am »

Jim,

Love the tabs split view :).  Not sure on the slants, maybe rounded boxes like the rest of Media Center. 

Would be great for this stay in.  Not sure on what others think.

Great job as always.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 10:16:27 am »

I seem to have lost the ability to burn audio CDs with MC (179). Whenever I drop files to the "drop files here" arrow I get a window saying:

This happens to every file type. APE, flac, mp3, ogg and wav. None of them should have any sort of DRM associated with them, subscription based or otherwise.

This will be fixed next build.  It only happens when all service plugins are disabled, so as a work around, enable "Audible" in Plug-in Manager.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up