INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Smartlist Problem?  (Read 1177 times)

Robodoc

• Recent member
  • Did I really say that?!
New Smartlist Problem?
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:13:01 pm »

I used to have a smartlist rule that would result in images that only contained one person by name.  It was a quick way to see solo portrait images.  It excluded all images that contained more than one person and kept only those that contained the target name as a value for [People].  It doesn't work now with the new SmartList and I cannot figure out how to make the new Smartlist tool duplicate that function.  Can anyone help?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 12.0.198 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2208 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2030 MB, Free - 832 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: SONY    DVD RW DRU-510A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'JUMPDRIVE PRO (J:)':

WMDMName: Thumbdrive (J:)
DeviceUID: $$?$storage#removablemedia#7&1a2895ce&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\storage#removablemedia#7&1a2895ce&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 1500
ProductID: 42016; FirmwareVersion: 1000
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
DeviceType: 2; DeviceID: 0A4E9701103147181104; DeviceName: JUMPDRIVE PRO; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: J:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: J:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod: 0
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1
SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;wma
ContextMenus: Delete
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath:
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression:

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Smartlist Problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 01:06:11 am »

I'm curious to know what smartlist rule you used to single out solo photos, any chance you could post it here?

It's also interesting that you bring this old problem up here, now, as I arrived at the following solution yesterday:

Looking for photos of a certain person alone, rather than part of a group photo?

create an expression based pane to the left of a standard [people] pane using the expression if(isequal([people],;,8),Group,Individual)

Select 'Individual' in your new pane, and the [people] pane will show a list of people. Selecting one will show photos of that person on their own.
So simple, so effective, so try it!! :D
As to quite why it took until yesterday for the penny to drop, I've no idea at all!!

If you'd rather use it in, say, step 4 of a viewscheme setup, or as a rule in a search list pane, you would enter it like so:
-[people]=[] [=isequal([people],;,8)]=0
which also works as intended.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up