INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: disordered video covers  (Read 837 times)

avideo

disordered video covers
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:30:02 am »

My video library consists basically of 'one file, one video'.
But I have also the situation 'two files, one video'.

All the covers were assigned by hand, because I have the cover files.
In the second case I assigned one cover to two files.

Normally when I start MC12, 5 to 10% of the covers are assigned uncorrectly.  :(

It doesn't help to assign the covers a second, third, .. time.
Allways I have these bad allocations (can't say if always the same covers are wrong).

For this, I cannot use the catalog and this was the main reason for using MC12.

Any idea? Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: disordered video covers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:57:45 am »

Your post didn't provide enough info for trying to reproduce the problem.

My video cover art images show up correctly (this has worked fine since a couple of problems that I reported were fixed some months ago).

As a test, you could add a new library (File > Library > Library Manager...), import a few video files to this new library and try to reproduce the problem. After the problem is reproduced post a step-by-step here.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

avideo

Re: disordered video covers
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:07:36 pm »

My analysis:
Two videos with badly assigned image files have the same "modification day" (explorer).
Therefore they both reference the same file in the column image file!
(something like C:\documents....Media Center 12\Cover Art\- 05.10.2005.jpg)

The mouse-over image is correct, if I remember rigth, also the thumbnails in the thumbnail view were correct, but when I start the videos I see that one image file is correct and the other one is not - presumably because they have the same image filename.

By the way, it does not help to remove cover art: the filename "-05.10.2005.jpg" is too unspecific.
After deleting one video from the lib and changing the date of this video by using a tool like the unix 'touch' I could reimport the video and now the image filename is different.
uff.
A touch without deleting the video did not help. The timestamp wasn't updated - possibly according to some of my customisation of MC12.

--------------------
Second question: can't I configure MC12 to reference to the cover file in my special subdirectory and not to copy the jpg. This would be a funny work around  ;)

By.
Pages: [1]   Go Up