INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclude fields using panes.  (Read 1579 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Exclude fields using panes.
« on: March 01, 2007, 02:54:37 am »

I was listning to some music, when it started playing some live albums. I am currently doing a lot of rating, but i am prioritizing regular music first. I use the keyword field for marking "Live", and other keywords.

I realized it would come in handy to be able to "exclude" field values, since selecting all other than live, still may result in some live beeing selected if they contain multiple values. Is this possible using the panes?

Would be cool just to hold down e.g. ctrl - - and clicking the excluded fields. Marking this red or something in the panes.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Exclude fields using panes.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:51:28 am »

if you place/add -[keywords]=Live to step 4 of the edit view scheme dialogue, then all live tracks will be excluded regardless of any other [keywords] values associated.

Have you explored the possibilities available with the "search list" pane type? You could place various searches required to group the audio into groups for rating into a search list pane, then just select each group as required. IMO, this approach would suit you better as using the "Step 4" method will completely exclude those live tracks from the view scheme, whereas the search list approach would keep them there as an option for you to filter out if you want.

-marko.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:45:30 am »

Thanks for the suggestion, Marko, but i was looking for a more flexible/accesible way to easy exclude. These would require some tinkering in the view pane props.

Even though it might very often be a certain exclude's i would do, i would love to be able to just do it on-the-fly with whatever field i would like, if you get my drift :)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 04:53:31 am »

you could use the search field in the top right corner for that.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 05:05:27 am »

hehe. Yeah, i know. Guess i am beeing a bit to demanding. I know there's a hell of a lot of way's to solve this, but when i am exploring around in my library, i really enjoy just flickering with one hand on the mouse and the other on the keybord using the shortcut keys. I find this the most effective ways often. With the search bar i need to move my other hand over to the keyboard (i know, it's an awfully long way...:))

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 05:41:20 am »

Learn to type only with left hand ?....  ::)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 05:51:07 am »

That just doesn't feel right :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up