INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug & Feature Request for sorting order in Theater View  (Read 1517 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Bug & Feature Request for sorting order in Theater View
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:05:19 pm »

Sorry - Another Noob Q  ::)

I want to use MC as my front end to a HTPC hence I'm using the Theater View.  I've stored my files in folders (eg TV Series Name), titled by "S01E01 - Title.MPG" and want to see the list in Alphabetic Order but MC seems to sort in some other way.  How do I get all my lists defaulted in "Alphabetic Order"?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Theater Veiw - Making the lists in Alphabetic Order
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:28:02 pm »

I've been playing with making "View Schemes" available in "Theater View" but with inconsistant results:

1) Scheme with only "Location --> D:\My Videos" in "Create View Items":  Works as expected in Std View but in Theater View the MPG files in eac folder are not in Alphabetic Order (and not in any other obvious order like date etc)

2) Scheme with only "Location --> D:\My Videos" & "Filename" in "Create View Items":  Everything is now in Alphabetic Order in Theater View and you can drill down to a "lower" level with just each file in it.  The problem is that now each of the the mpg files don't play one after the other (just stops) / SKIP FWD & BACK now does nothing as the current playing file is in the "level" with only itself.

I'd just like #1 to be in Alphabetic Order - Any ideas?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Theater Veiw - Making the lists in Alphabetic Order
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 06:31:26 pm »

I tried rebuilding my Library but after getting the same weird I found that the default is to sort by "Last Modified" date in TheaterView but :

1) BUG - MC is displaying my date field correctly as set DD/MM/YY (Intl date format) yet then sorts the files as if the format was set as MM/DD/YY (US date format) hence the wierd order as the Months / Days are trasposed.

2) How can I change the default to File Name?  I am about to copy 100's of home video clips that have all been named "YYYYMMDD - Name.AVI" and want them played in the correct order (sorted by file name).

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Bug & Feature Request for sorting order in Theater View
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 05:52:32 pm »

I've renamed the topic after looking some more at this.

1) BUG - Std Sort Order in TheaterView has a bug for those using International Date field of DD/MM/YY.  MC is displaying my date field correctly as set DD/MM/YY yet then sorts the files as if the format was set as MM/DD/YY hence the wierd order as the Months / Days are transposed so you can get "Months" from 13-31 now.  Note: The sort order works correctly in in the normal view.

2) Feature Request - Can we have the sort order set in normal view for the View Schemes carry over to TheaterView please.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 09:38:15 pm »

I may very well be stupid (quite likely infact), but this ...

2) Feature Request - Can we have the sort order set in normal view for the View Schemes carry over to TheaterView please.

is still an issue?

It is for me still... I take it there have been no changes, or else I'm not able to see how to get my sorting to carry over to the Theater View

Cheers,
C.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 10:17:53 pm »

ok.. sorted it out....

Under my view scheme for Location, I added Name as a second view item... voila!

all good

C.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 01:43:45 am »

Almost!!! but the problem is now you have a second layer with one item in each which means MC does not play the "next" item (Pic / Video etc) as there is only one it each item......

This topic is also going on in a Beta forum and I'll keep you updated.  Out of interest:
1) are you having the sorting prob as described below &
2) are you using DD/MM/YYYY date format on your PC (eg Non US MM/DD/YYYY)?

=== see below for a better description with PIC's========
1. Shows the settings I've used + in the background the expected results in STD View (all good) for both "ALL" and if it is allso correct if I select "2002"!  Note I've shown the Date as I'm sure the problem with sorting in TheaterView has something to do with my date being DD/MM/YYYY not MM/DD/YYYY.

2. Shows the sorting in Theater View when using "ALL" - again it is correctly sorted just like in STD View

3. Bad things still happen if I select a folder (eg "2002" as shown).  This sorting

OK this is what I think is happening - the Thearview "2002" View is sorting on Date with transposed MM/DD.

Title : Date (DD/MM/YY) : Date (with MM/DD transposed)
2002 - Lachlan Award 9: 04/01/2003 : 01/04/2003
200209 - WSide 1: 05/10/2003 : 10/05/2003
2002 - Soccer 1: 17/08/02 : 08/17/02 (these files are now shown towards the end of the "2002" TheaterView list)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 08:05:34 pm »

Thanks to Matt this now appears to be fixed!  ;D
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up