INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perfect View Scheme & iTunes Question  (Read 871 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Perfect View Scheme & iTunes Question
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:57:09 am »

Here is a screenshot of the iTunes view scheme.  I really like the empty space and line between albums.  This is what I've been hoping for but I couldn't describe it as well as a picture.  Here it is: http://www.apple.com/itunes/jukebox/

Now what database for song lookups does iTunes use?  I like the quote on that page:
You’ve spent time and money building that CD collection. Give it the respect it deserves by importing it to iTunes. You won’t have to strain your fingers typing song names: iTunes pulls ‘em all from a giant database automatically.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Perfect View Scheme & iTunes Question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »

As I think about it, I actually have an interesting idea.  What if MC had a similar view but it was improved as follows:

1) Since the album and artist are displayed on the left, other interesting statistics could be shown.  Unfortunately, there would be a lot of free space but that would be alright.  Date, Genre, etc are all related the the album as well.  The problem would be that the vertical spacing would be huge if genre and date were also included and there would be way too much free space.

2) I somewhat like the addition of a border and the reflective surface but that isn't necessary.  What about forgetting the reflection but adding a jewel case?  That would mean a left border: you know, the left part of a jewel case (on the front) and then the clear border.  That would be a new look.  I don't like suggesting copying directly even though iTunes and WMP probably took a lot of features from MC.

3) Any other ideas?  It could be a while for these changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up