INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with importing  (Read 9902 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with importing
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2007, 02:57:20 pm »

We don't have those exact birds here in North America, but we do have a similar bird (same Family) called the Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapilla).  They are quite common in the northern parts of the US and throughout Canada, and they are quite pleasant birds which actually stick around for the entire Winter (and drive my dog nutso).

Apparently recent mitochondrial DNA testing has indicated that the Chickadee should really have it's own genus, and the American Ornithologists' Union is already treating it as such.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 03:03:38 pm »

I believe it's his sister!  ;D

There are many "koolmezen" in Holland and I like the colours. I think there are many more birds in the Northern parts of America and in Canada than in Holland. The North of America and Canada, parts of the world I've never been and I like the idea to spend a holiday there. I am patient.   :)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 03:27:17 pm »

What Glynor said: the facial pattern reminded me of chickadees and the body of warblers, though the koolmees is larger I believe.

Cool looking bird...

j

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 04:33:28 pm »

What Glynor said: the facial pattern reminded me of chickadees and the body of warblers, though the koolmees is larger I believe.

Cool looking bird...

j

The Parus Major or Koolmees is very small, I think like chickadees. It's the same family, the Parus.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titmouse

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 04:52:48 pm »

MC has not crashed In 2 Days, So Who Knows.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2007, 08:35:35 am »

koolmees: I'm seeing some strangeness but I think that is expected strangeness as the files do import.  It does seem to take a fair amount of time between the kick off of the import and the time the actual import occurs.  Please try Glynor's suggestion.  In the mean time I'll try to see if fearless leader is near an internet cafe.

I've tried it but the files are remaining unknown for MC. When I delete a file then the autoimport function works well.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2007, 06:50:30 am »

Where are the helping people?  ;)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2007, 09:42:39 am »

I'm out of ideas...  Sorry!   ::)   ?

EDIT: Actually, since the files are so small, any way you could post one so we could try it out ourselves?  Do you have access to any webserver space?  (If not, Yahoo still offers it for free.)

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2007, 02:29:04 pm »

Sure Glynor, I have. But: the problem is with every file.

http://www.krsv-vredenburch.nl/Loop Di Love.mp3

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2007, 02:59:13 pm »

Okay.  That's a normal, and not excessively small MP3 file.  So, none of what I was thinking before is true.  And just to make ABSOLUTELY sure, you do have MPEG Audio checked in the Import options for the relevant folder in the Auto Import folder list.  Remember, each folder has it's own list of file types so you have to check that one.  It should look like this:

Assuming you have that all set right, it's possible that the directory the files are in (assuming they're all in the same directory) is either:

• too deep (to many subdirectories in the path) -- I have no idea what the limit on this is, but I'd guess there is probably some absurd limit.

Is your path somewhat deep?  Weird in any way?  What is it?

• corrupt in some way.

If the directory is corrupt (or you suspect it might be) you could try just creating a new one and moving all the files into it.  For example, if I have a folder called:

M:\Music\Annoying-Wont-Import-Folder\

and I think it's broken, I might make a new folder called:

M:\Music\Annoying-Wont-Import-Folder-NEW\

and then move everything from the original folder to the new one.  Then, go back and delete the original folder, and remove the "-NEW" from the end of the new folder name.  Its somewhat rare, but the directory "listing" can sometimes get messed up.

Assuming that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is to do the following.

1. Create a brand new fresh library.  Go to File --> Library --> Library Manager.  Click Add.  Hit browse and choose a location (maybe c:\temp\testlibrary\ and give it a name.  Make sure NOT to use the clone from option.  Hit OK and select your new library and load it.
2. Add the relevant folders to your Auto Import list, making sure to set them like I pictured above.
3. Clear the current log and enable logging as explained previously.  Go to Help --> Logging and reset the current log them.  Then make sure EVERYTHING is checked under types of events to log.
4. Manually run the import process.  Tools --> Run Auto Import Now
5. If they still don't import, either post the full log (as a link to a file on your web server, not the full text as you won't be able to) or mail it into support.  Then post here that you've done so.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2007, 03:13:01 pm »

Just to confirm, that file you posted Auto-Imports for me without issue when placed at:

M:\music\Loop Di Love.mp3

When M: is a network drive.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 01:56:28 pm »

Many thanks for your exhaustive explanation. :)

My setting for a folder is:
www.krsv-vredenburch.nl/option1.jpg

The only file type in this folder is MP3, so that's right.

The files ares not "too deep"; I've placed them in the root of the folder.

Then I've tried your suggestion about the corrupt folders and now I see something strange: I've started autoimport and after that I saw the file in "Last imported". But I don't see the file in my library. I hope you will see what's wrong now or what I'm doing wrong?

I'll wait with trying the rest of your answer because maybe this is the solution.  :-\

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2007, 03:32:27 pm »

Then I've tried your suggestion about the corrupt folders and now I see something strange: I've started autoimport and after that I saw the file in "Last imported". But I don't see the file in my library. I hope you will see what's wrong now or what I'm doing wrong?

I'll wait with trying the rest of your answer because maybe this is the solution.  :-\

Ah-ha!!  Then they are importing.  They're just somehow being filtered out of the view scheme where you're trying to find them.  When you say "I don't see the file in my library", exactly what are you clicking on and calling "my library"?  Is it just the "Audio" top level view scheme, or is it a child scheme underneath it?

If you look in the top level Audio view scheme, is it listed?  If not, try right clicking on the Audio scheme and choosing Edit View Scheme.  What appears in the Step 4 box?  (You can highlight the whole thing and copy/paste it to the forum.)  Also, is "Honor Parent scheme search strings" selected?  Actually, maybe just take a screenshot of that dialog box (but still paste the Step 4 search because that could be truncated)...

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2007, 03:11:24 am »

I mean with "my library" the play list. I have one playlist and that is my library.

Here my settings of Audio:

And here in English  :) 

So in my opinion there is no difference between my play list and my library ( ?) but the play list contains 9467 files and after importing I get the message the library contains 10.465 files. So I´m doing something wrong.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2007, 05:27:21 pm »

A bump to above.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up