INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound advice  (Read 673 times)

Neil

Sound advice
« on: August 28, 2002, 03:17:26 pm »

I've read a lot of the posts concerning Replay Gain, MP3Gain and the 83db, 89db thing. I must admit most of it goes over my head so I could use some advice with what I'm doing with my songs.
Everything I download I put through MP3Gain set at 93db and it all sounds fine so far. Occasionally I might adjust down if a certain song needs to be a bit quieter but that's about it. Should I be doing anything differently and why?

While I'm at it, is there any software out there that can edit the tone of an MP3 without having to convert it to WAV first?

Cheers.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Sound advice
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 03:22:17 pm »

Since Matt is in charge of sound quality, you can rest assured that what ever all that means it will be The Perfect Way.

>> While I'm at it, is there any software out there that can edit
>> the tone of an MP3 without having to convert it to WAV first?
Have you played with the DSP or EQ settings? that might help with play back

'Perfect Way' Peaked the Charts At 11 In 1985

Listening to: 'Perfect Way' from 'Sounds Of 1985-1986' by 'Scritti Politti' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

phelt

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 03:43:02 pm »

I hope this gets solved with a customizable target volume. Matt could set whatever default target he thinks best, and interested parties could set what makes them happy. Then we all move on with our lives

Neil

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 03:53:08 pm »

Thanks for the replies so far.

In the old days we had to keep adjusting volume, this has for the most part been sorted out now but songs sometimes need a bass boost compared to the rest of the collection, sometimes a reduction. I was just wondering if anything is being done in this area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up