Author Topic: Praise  (Read 801 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Praise
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:29:41 am »

Thumbnailing:
Whatever you've done to thumbnailing has solved a long time problem on my work computer whereby MC would freeze whenever I went to an image viewscheme containing thousands of font previews (jpegs). I've just gone to that library for the first time in a while and MC is building thumbnails from scratch (due to a recent change), and it's building them like lightning, and still responsive as i click,scroll and filter.

Tab headers:
I think you're there now with the tab headers. I like that it always shows you the current heading and just the previous "one" (ie. "Rock Artists", and then on next selection: "Pink Floyd Albums"). That's just the right balance of information and simplicity I think.
Now we just need a "reset panes" button and we'll have great new functionality(tabs) with all the old (breadcrumbs/ reset) still in.

JONCAT

Re: Praise
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:57:17 pm »

Similar experience here. Always when switching into thumbnail viewschemes; it always seemed like MC was dealing with thumbs as a few previously built panes (genres) would be empty. If I let MC "settle" first the problem was mollified but not eliminated - 10 minutes later I would lockup on another swicth.

I don't have time to do a rebuild yet, so I tried to do a few tweaks to my x64 system like updating chipset and SATA drivers, I also installed Win X64 SP2, found a nice new FFDSHOW version which plays real nice and now major hangups and lockups.

I know Jim's gonna kill me but I can't ditch x64 yet (don't have the time!), but I promise I will only report 32bit bugs from the laptop.

I realized I had about 3GB of thumbnails the other day, prior to this .203 release. I rebuilt and ended up with 624mb when all was said and done; things got really snappy after all this. Now this new build is rebuilding them again so I think things are really looking up - either way I don't plan on posting here about any further x64 problems - just happy things are stable so far.

I'll check out the tabs tonight.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up