INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playback from ifo file hangs one second before completion.  (Read 3117 times)

gappie

playback from ifo file hangs one second before completion.
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:20:58 am »

i ripped a few dvd to my harddisk without the menues. when playing the file it stops one second before the end, end freezes there, and there is no way i ever get back to the start again. also after restarting the file.

when i bring back the position bar it says 0.00/live in the playing now screen.

now i guess that that is because it looks for the menu. but playing the same file with pdvd is no problem.

gappie

Re: playback from ifo file hangs one second before completion.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 11:46:11 am »

?

gappie

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:22:37 pm »

it starts to get annoying. some files are unplayable now for me. they jump to the end when started and stay there what ever i do. luckely most movies have long credit lsist so they never come so far. am i the only one with this problem?

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:55:58 pm »

Does it happen when you're watching a DVD disc? Perhaps there's something wrong in the way you're ripping the movies??
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 05:59:44 pm »

it does not happen when watching a dvd disc. it could be that i rip them wrong. i use clone dvd and only rip the parts i want, the main movie with maybe a subtitle. the thing is, when i play the same files with power dvd it is not a problem.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »

As an experiment, try using another app to do the ripping like DVDShrink. This is what i use and have never seen what you describe.

Failing that, it could be a codec problem so you could try selecting a different video filter for your dvds and see if that makes any difference?
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 06:25:41 pm »

thanks a lot for the suggestions. i already took a look at dvd shrink, did not test this isue though. i could not find a way to only get the main movie in dvd shrink (maybe i did not look good enough, but i always got the menue and fbi crap), and maybe that could be the problem. at the end the files maybe expect to be taken back to the menue. or whatever.

will take a look at the codecs also.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 07:13:07 pm »

...i could not find a way to only get the main movie in dvd shrink...

The function is called "ReAuthor". Look for it on the main toolbar.
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 06:38:26 am »

i tried to rip with dvd shrink. after reauthor, taking the menu away. the same happened again. also tried a different video filter (the one in cccp). did not help also. deinstalled powerdvd.
playing in media player classic is no problem.

gappie

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 03:37:11 pm »

just for those who are interested. i found a solution.  :P

i noticed that the place were mc stores where it left of while playing was not in the library. so i just started to look through all the files on c: and found one imidiatly in the documents and settings>application data called DVD Bookmarks.DAT. i removed that file (to a save place of course  :) ) . and the dvd files started to play again from start. so it was possible for me to see them again. and since i really don like the fact that a movie does not start at the beginning when already watched, but most of the time somewere at the end, im gonna make me a small bat file that will remove this dat file easely.

gappie

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:38 am »

altough removing the dvd bookmarks helps, i still find it a annoying problem.

the video playback stops here:

pushing the player slider back gives this until the eggs are overdone:

and at the bottom i get:

gappie

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 04:58:05 pm »

i feel like im talking to myself. am i the only having this problem. i have reproduced it on three different machines with cccp and/or the cyberlink decoders, and used different ripping programms. i tried to explain on this and the beta forum what is happening.

it is the 15th of december i started this thread. it would be nice to hear if all my typing is invain, or if it is reproducable, for instance over there at the mc factory, and that somewhere in the near or far future they will look at it. in which case i can stop bumping this thread and know that sometime the problem will be solved.

thanks
gab

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 05:11:51 pm »

Yep this is a problem I've seen before also. Just havn't looked at it in too much detail. I will when I get home tonight.

Try this though:-

What happens if you go back a chapter or two? Ie, Play the DVD (it will sit at the end of the dvd as you've described). Then hit Ctrl+L to go back a few chanpters. From memory, this is how I got around the problem.

Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 05:25:53 pm »

thanks raym, that does work when you bring the slider to the end, but not if you bring it to lets say 20 seconds before the end and let the dvd files end by it self.

thanks for looking.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 05:45:16 pm »

This isn't going to be related is it?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39300.0
Never tried playing a DVD file past the end of the credits, but it does seem like its the same type of hang.

-Leezer-

gappie

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 09:58:30 am »

here is a log file. i started a dvd file. dragged the slider till nearly the and. file stopped before completion. i waited a while and pressed stop.

i made a second log. starting the file again. it now jumps to just before completion. waited a while and i dragged the slider back. giving the result from 5 posts up. did not push the stop button.

the two log can be downloaded here: http://www.gappie.nl/fotos/Log2.zip
Pages: [1]   Go Up