INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.357  (Read 1412 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.357
« on: August 28, 2002, 01:20:55 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.357 is available for download:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox80357.exe

History:
1. Fixed: Download Manager would lock up during downloads from EMusic.
2. NEW: Added full support for EMusic's EMP files (adds image file download).
3. Fixed: If a file was removed from Playing Now, Player window would lose track of information.

zevele1

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.357
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 01:40:57 pm »

Same problem with Download Manager
Freeze time even longer.

But the songs put with MJ 356.Have 1500 of them....Will let you know with songs put to download with MJ 357  when i wake up

Ad image for Emusic=get sleeves?

SORRY

After a reboot works fine

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 01:49:58 pm »

When choosing to send files to the playlist with the option :
Add to Playing now (Replace) and then when not selecting a file in playing now but when right click on Playing now and choose play, the message appears : Playlist is empty
It only plays when I double click a file in the playing now window.
From then on it works until I repeat the above procedure
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

RemyJ

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 01:59:00 pm »

Still not getting CD-TEXT track names.  Artist and Album are OK but tracks are all "Track n".
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Chico

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 05:36:06 pm »

Boy, do I have problems now...
Went to install 8.0.357 and MJ fail to load (install) a bunch of dll's into the MJ directory.  I just kept hitting OK when each message popped up.  After the install (or lack there-of), MJ could not create a cd manager when an audio CD was inserted.  I tried to re-install MJ and had the same problem.  I then un-installed and when to re=install again, and this time the install wizard crashed again!  I cleaned my internet temp directory, but still, the install wizard keeps crashing.  I now have no MJ at all, and can't get it to install.

steinie

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 07:15:51 pm »

You guys are good!  :)  Just came online to report problems with issue #3 in your fixit list, and here you guys release a fix before I can even complain about the issue.  LOL

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 08:55:31 pm »

One question about the image file thing:

I use to download quite a lot of albums during watching TV or something. So if you download the image, do you automatically attach it to the ID3-Tags? Do you move the image to the "cover art"-directory? I would like the last very much, because I usually download to some temporary directory from which I "rename" them to my main archive. The files will be moved to this archive, if I choose the appropriate option. But the image file will still be in the temp-dir.
It would be usefull, if you automatically download cover art to the "cover art"-directory.

Thanks.
Mirko

phatrabt

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 10:52:37 pm »

Were you guys able to reproduce the burning problem I had?  Heres a recap:

I stared a burn on an audio CD at 24X using 16X discs. When the burn failed (presumably because of the discs), the only dialogue I received was the Close button, meaning (I thought) the CD burning. I clicked the close button and MJ returned back to normal. I then dropped the burning speed and attempted to burnthe disc again. When I clicked the start button in the burner dialogue, MJ tried to resume the burn from where it left off! This caused another coaster. I then clicked cancel to cancel the burn. That worked and MJ then allowed me to burn the entire disc again with no errors.

I think you just need to tell MJ that if the burn fails then it shouldn't continue after inserting a new disc.  Whaddya think?

Marty3d

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 12:26:54 am »

Still no sign of fixing the lost focus problem in Playing now...

To reproduce:
1. Add files to Playing now (usually full Media Library)
2. Reshuffle
3. Play
4. Try to sort the list by Artist - Album - Track No - Title, and still be able to see the currently playing song.

Please fix this! It's cumbersome to be forced to look up the currently playing track all the time. Especially when the list doesn't follow to the next..and the next... and the next..:(

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 06:13:00 am »

Gvag,
I removed your post.  Write me if you want to know why.

jimh @ jriver.com
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up