INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod support getting closer?  (Read 1020 times)

Kurt Young

iPod support getting closer?
« on: August 28, 2002, 11:24:10 am »

Now that the Windows-compatible FAT32 iPods are available, can I get my hopes up for an iPod plugin?  It'd be a dream come true!

Steve

RE:iPod support getting closer?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 01:12:54 pm »

We are hoping to see the Software Developer's Kit for it shortly. It was promised in August, but that appears like it will not happen.

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 06:16:19 pm »

Sweet!  As an iPod owner, I still offer any help that you need.  But we had this conversation already, dinna we?  :)

BTW, Howdy Steve!
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

willrmc

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 09:57:57 pm »

boy i cant wait for that day, then us windows users can use smart playlists and ratings and play counts and such.

Joe Z.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 06:10:08 am »

I persinally am torn as to whether I should get a Mac version and use Xplay or get the Windows version and use MusicMatch until there is an MJ8 pluggin.  I do want to use the contacts feature of the ipod as well, so I hope the MJ8 pluggin will support this.

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 07:03:16 pm »

I'm not terribly interested in the contacts or calendar features of the iPod... there's enough ways to get them to my iPod that it wouldn't be necessary to work them into MJ8.  But it would be SWEEEET synchronizing smart my smart playlists onto my iPod.  At this time, I have to manually export each playlist to a directory on my hard drive and sync my iPod to it.

Guys, I'm so excited about the possibility of an iPod plugin... if I can be of any assistance at all, please contact me -- kurtsipod@hotmail.com -- I can run tests, take screenshots, document whatever you want... you name it.

Sorry I'm such a nut, but Macintosh users have iTunes, an app that I hear is nearly as full featured and robust as MJ8.  We iPod users have MusicMatch Jukebox (blech) and Windows Media Player (via XPlay, also blech).  Pppplease make this geek's dream come true!
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Steve

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2002, 06:26:09 am »

Kurt,

As always, thanks for the offer. We will try to make this happen as soon as possible.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up