INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Plug-ins  (Read 14150 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Theater View Plug-ins
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2007, 02:52:47 am »

Question on RSS Feeds:
Is there any way to "open" the selected headline? I'm clicking on it without success.
Thanks in advance.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 09:23:20 am »

Is there any way to "open" the selected headline? I'm clicking on it without success

On Headlines :

use up/down arrow first.

Then enter.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2007, 10:51:41 am »

A quick recommendation for the coming RSS Feed Reader Theater View plugin (I'm so excited -- this is really cool!!)...

Include this as one of the default feeds:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;sa=news;limit=30

;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2007, 01:39:43 pm »

On Headlines :

use up/down arrow first.

Then enter.

Thank you! That did the trick... seems easy when you know it  :-[

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2007, 04:13:22 am »

An option for f vs c will be added to the weather module.

Is this close? 
It's been quite hot over here the last few days, and the PC telling me it's 75 makes it feel even worse!!

Thanks
Richard

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 08:28:43 am »

It's been quite hot over here the last few days, and the PC telling me it's 75 makes it feel even worse!!

Come now... 75 isn't hot at all.  That's about as close to perfect as you can get!   ;)  ;D

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 01:01:21 pm »

I mentioned this in the build thread, but it should probably be mentioned here as well.

When using 1024 x 768 for full screen res in MC (the HIGHEST res that can be used for NTSC TV output) the information in the daily panels for the weather does not fit on the screen.  The high temps are cut off in both the regular and "hilighted" views for the days.  The only way to get the info to fit is to use a higher res, but I CAN'T do this since I'm sending this information to a TV over S-Video, and 1024 x 768 is the highest res I can use for this.

Since Theater View is designed to be able to be viewed on TVs, and since composite and S-Video signals are still common for graphics card outputs, plugins should be able to fit on standard size TV displays witout this being a problem.

Thanks,

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2007, 01:16:49 pm »

I'm seeing this issue (Larry's from just above) too.  Can't read the daily High temps at all.  The plugin really needs to work at 1024x768, which is still a very common resolution, even with HDTVs (which at 720p are essentially that resolution too).  However, all in all, my wife and I both like the new Weather layout much, much better than the old one.  My wife was particularly enthusiastic (she's kinda a weather junky).

She did make an interesting suggestion though... She said it'd be really slick if there were some way to pull up the local Doppler radar.  I agree... That's the other major thing I go to weather sites on the web for, and it'd be super-cool to get this via MC!

Venom908

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2007, 04:06:26 pm »

i dont know if this is an error, or just not featured yet.

but on the current forecast it shows the picture of the current condidtion, and shows the current condition in text

but doesnt show tempteture.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2007, 07:36:07 pm »

Is there a way to change the text size for the RSS plugin text? I would like to increase it a little..

thanks,
Osho

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 09:31:05 pm »

Is there a way to advance to the next page in a Theater View RSS news story, or is this just not implemented yet?  When I bring up a full article page, I can't read the full story for any articles that don't fit on a single page.  I've tried page down, cursor down, enter, etc., but nothing works -- I just advance to the next story.

This hasn't been implemented yet I believe, Larry, but...

I've been thinking about this.  When implemented, I think that either the Right Arrow or the Down Arrow key would be the most intuitive to "continue to the next page".

Using the Right Arrow key would give it the "continue to drill right" feel, and then the left arrow could revert back to the previous page and then to the "list" of stories (and hopefully eventually then the set of feeds and then the folder containing the set of feeds).

Using the Down Arrow might be less intuitive in the "drill down" sense, but would be certainly more intuitive for brand new users.  When using a web browser (which people are used to) scrolling up or down the page is a simple Up/Down arrow away.  This method would mean once you "open" an individual item from the feed, the behavior changes a bit, but it would still work fairly cleanly.  I think Enter (labeled OK on most remotes) would be good to "exit out" from the feed item and return to the feed listing (with ESC backing out too maybe?)...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2007, 03:53:41 am »

This hasn't been implemented yet I believe, Larry, but...

I've been thinking about this.  When implemented, I think that either the Right Arrow or the Down Arrow key would be the most intuitive to "continue to the next page".

Using the Right Arrow key would give it the "continue to drill right" feel, and then the left arrow could revert back to the previous page and then to the "list" of stories (and hopefully eventually then the set of feeds and then the folder containing the set of feeds).

Using the Down Arrow might be less intuitive in the "drill down" sense, but would be certainly more intuitive for brand new users.  When using a web browser (which people are used to) scrolling up or down the page is a simple Up/Down arrow away.  This method would mean once you "open" an individual item from the feed, the behavior changes a bit, but it would still work fairly cleanly.  I think Enter (labeled OK on most remotes) would be good to "exit out" from the feed item and return to the feed listing (with ESC backing out too maybe?)...

I can't be sure without trying it, but I "think" that using the up/down arrows to scroll the main news feed pages might be the most intuitive solution.  Given that the text goes off the bottom of the page, my first thought (and I believe most users first thought) will be to press "down" to scroll.  I also this that pgdn/pgup should a page at a time in each direction.  You're correct that this means that the behavior would change a bit from other areas, but I still think it would make intuitive sense.  This could also be made more clear by putting a little "down arrow" icon at the bottom of the "full" page.  While on the page with multiple news panels, it makes sense to use up/down to go to the next/previous story.

I think that the left arrow button is the most intuitive for moving from a "full story" news page back to the multi-story/multi-panel page .  To me, "enter" seems to imply moving "forward" through the pages (i.e. drilling down) rather than back, so I'm not sure it will work well for moving backwards.

Thanks for the feedback,

Larry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2007, 08:34:17 am »

I think that the left arrow button is the most intuitive for moving from a "full story" news page back to the multi-story/multi-panel page .  To me, "enter" seems to imply moving "forward" through the pages (i.e. drilling down) rather than back, so I'm not sure it will work well for moving backwards.

I tend to agree, however... The Left Arrow and the Enter key already do what you suggest, and I certainly don't propose to change it.  I personally also think the Left Arrow key is intuitive to "back out" of the current "page" (that's why I suggested "going with" the left/right navigation motif), but lots of users might not.  I can also see the Enter key (when assigned as the OK key in the middle of the arrows on a remote) as "OK, I'm done. Take me back".  I think both should work.

Before I wrote that before... I watched my Wife try to navigate it on her own without instruction.  She was frustrated that she couldn't figure out how to get to the second page.  She first tried the down arrow, then OK, then the Right Arrow key, and lastly the "page down" key (chan up/down on my remote).  And, of course, then she complained to me, telling me to "tell the dog to fix it" (which is how she refers to Matt's avatar and the entire Interact board).  All of these keys did the exact same thing (or close to it) -- they "exited" the story and moved to a different one.

That said.... We both really love the feature.  Her favorite is the Weather plugin (though it's frustrating that we still can't see the daily High temps at all), but the RSS feed viewer is pretty cool too.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2007, 07:33:22 pm »

my weather/rss was working with version .189 but since i updated to version .198 now the plugin doesnt show up.

I have tried all three versions of the weather/rss plugin 01, 02, 03 and nothing.

Real shame, my MC12 is really pimped out now with the Intention skin and bleeding edge visual, having weather and rss feeds in theater view would have completed my visual package but i guess i still looking...

TC  ?

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46:22 pm »

my weather/rss was working with version .189 but since i updated to version .198 now the plugin doesnt show up.

I have tried all three versions of the weather/rss plugin 01, 02, 03 and nothing

Read the MC12/198 thread at the top of the board.

There you will find 08.zip.

Patrik

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 08:15:59 pm »

Hmm the only thing I see at the top of the MC12 bd is Media Center 12.0.207 info.I dont see a beta forum either is that where the 08.zip is?

Read the MC12/198 thread at the top of the board.

There you will find 08.zip.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 08:25:18 pm »

Hmm the only thing I see at the top of the MC12 bd is Media Center 12.0.207 info.I dont see a beta forum either is that where the 08.zip is?

The plug-ins are included in the thread that has the MC version.  The following link is from the 12.0.207 thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39870.msg271830#msg271830

MrHaugen

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2007, 06:42:40 am »

That did the trick. Needed 09 for build 198 and 207.

Two questions:

1. Is there any plans on converting from Farenheit to Celsius?
Farenheit makes my head hurt (where's the logic in it anyway?).

2. How can I choose wich RRS feeds to use?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2007, 03:44:45 am »

Hi,

Nice weather plugin, pretty much useless here in Europe until it displays °C.

I tried to fiddle on www.weather.com configuration in the hope that TV weather plugin would use the weather.com cookie for location and °C setup. Unfortunately, it does not work that way.

A month or so ago, Matt, said they would add a F vs C option in the TV plugin, let's hope for it !

BTW this morning the temp here in Paris displays 52 which is 125 F for us.  8)
Climate change effect probably !

Cheers,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2007, 05:44:27 am »

In response to the last two posts:  The newer beta builds have added the ability to change location and to select Celsius or Fahrenheit.  You'll see this ability as soon as a new build is posted to the main MC12 thread.  There are a lot of changes going on with Theater View in the beta builds lately, which has led to some new bugs that need to be worked out.  Also, the general design and layout of Theater View has been going through some growing pains recently, so I think that JR is waiting for things to settle in a bit before posting a new build to the MC12 forum.

Larry

MrHaugen

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 08:25:05 am »

Great new! Looking forward to it!

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 09:56:08 am »

Rock'n roll !

Thanks for the good news,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

MrHaugen

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2007, 03:31:35 pm »

As I said, I were really looking forward to the new build and plugin. But I can't get a thing to work.
Have tried with theaterviewplugin01, 03, 08 and 09. No one of them works. Some will be displayed under Plugin Managements, some will not. Think you have to install the plugins in build 219. Tried to do that too. Some would be added, some would not.

Are there a new plugin ot there? Someone got a recepie for this the 219 build and the plugin?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2007, 03:37:07 pm »

As I said, I were really looking forward to the new build and plugin. But I can't get a thing to work.
Have tried with theaterviewplugin01, 03, 08 and 09. No one of them works. Some will be displayed under Plugin Managements, some will not. Think you have to install the plugins in build 219. Tried to do that too. Some would be added, some would not.

Are there a new plugin ot there? Someone got a recepie for this the 219 build and the plugin?

In the build 219 thread there is a link to the install for the latest Theater View plugins.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2007, 04:40:20 pm »

In the build 219 thread there is a link to the install for the latest Theater View plugins.

Yea... Tried that. The same file/link as the one you get from the Plugin Manager I guess.
I hit the link. Download the file. It again downloads the plugin. Installs/copies the files under "plugin\theater view" directory with RSS and Weather folder. I then go to the Plugin Manager. They are both under Theater view. The I hit add and adds the dll for RSS (tv_RSS.dll) and the same for Weather (tv_Weather.dll). Still nothing under "Options > Theater View > Items to show" or in the Theater View.

Sure it's just me?

MrHaugen

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2007, 07:08:09 pm »

*bumpeti bump*

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2007, 07:46:51 pm »

Yea... Tried that. The same file/link as the one you get from the Plugin Manager I guess.
I hit the link. Download the file. It again downloads the plugin. Installs/copies the files under "plugin\theater view" directory with RSS and Weather folder. I then go to the Plugin Manager. They are both under Theater view. The I hit add and adds the dll for RSS (tv_RSS.dll) and the same for Weather (tv_Weather.dll). Still nothing under "Options > Theater View > Items to show" or in the Theater View.

Sure it's just me?

I'm not sure I know the steps you went through, but you need to:

1) Download the plugins
2) Add the plugins (Options > Theater View > Add button by the Items to show window)
3) For weather plugin you need to edit it to set up your location & format.  This is in the same place as 2) above.

MrHaugen

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2007, 05:53:16 am »

I had to add it in the Theater View. NOT the plugin manager.
Read that you had to add it now. Jut thought about the plugin manager.
I'll go hide in the corner now....

Thanks Randy

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2007, 09:42:20 am »

I had to add it in the Theater View. NOT the plugin manager.
Read that you had to add it now. Jut thought about the plugin manager.
I'll go hide in the corner now....

Thanks Randy

As it's not documented yet, don't feel bad. No need to hind in the corner.

raldo

Fonts in the RSS feeds?
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2007, 05:24:30 am »

Hi,

Theater view displays the Norwegian characters (øæåØÆÅ)  in the RSS feeds incorrectly.

I have "personalized" www.google.com to display norwegian news... 

--------------------------
Media Center Registered 12.0.219 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2208 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 982 MB, Free - 353 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-16H5S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: PHONE (H:)

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Ril

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2007, 08:52:36 am »

May I translate text in TV Weather Plugin?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up