INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Carpet Display View Skin without Buttons and with Buttons  (Read 1705 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe

I wrote two different Display View skins in dark red (Red Carpet) optimized for TV display:

A. View without buttons:

1. download the RAR file here:    http://www.savefile.com/files/541351
2. unrar
3. move the file "BG_Red_Carpet.png" into the "c:/Program Files/J River/Media Center 12/Visualizations/Vis Studio/Images" folder
4. move the file "Red Carpet.mjv" into the "c:/Program Files/J River/Media Center 12/Visualizations/Vis Studio/Spectrum Analyzer" folder
5. set Display view to the Visualizations/Spectrum Analazer/Red Carpet display format

B. View with buttons:

Especially built for people like me. I have touchpanels all over the house and need a view with buttons. I use an Elan VIA64 touchpanel system I can program with an invisible overlay structure (create IR commands at the spots I placed the buttons). If someone has similar problems and need some adaptation she/he can talk to me.

1. download the RAR file here:    http://www.savefile.com/files/541788
2. unrar
3. move the file "BG_Red_Carpet_Buttons.png" into the "c:/Program Files/J River/Media Center 12/Visualizations/Vis Studio/Images" folder
4. move the file "Red Carpet wButtons.mjv" into the "c:/Program Files/J River/Media Center 12/Visualizations/Vis Studio/Spectrum Analyzer" folder
5. set Display view to the Visualizations/Spectrum Analazer/Red Carpet wButtons display format
6. if someone wants glassy buttons I also have those, send me a pm to get them please

Your comments are appreciated (also criticism of course, lol)

Whoever it downloads can write me his comments please. I'm always looking for good ideas...

I'll post some screen shots within a day or so. Please be aware that the download site only works for 30 days!

Martin

globetrotters1

Re: Red Carpet Display View Skin without Buttons and with Buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 02:43:39 pm »

Screenshot without buttons:

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 02:44:41 pm »

Screenshot with buttons:

jmmttu77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:54:44 pm »

Nice!  You are saying you can use a touch screen with your display?  Very cool.

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:22:09 pm »

I'm into easy and clean surfaces, that's why I didn't use such an extraordinary design you managed to create. The color is the background is the color of the wall one of the touchscreens is installed. The touchscreen gets a invisible overlay (in which you can define your buttons whereever you want) and with that - on the press of the surface - I can create an IR command which will be sent to the IR receiver of the HTPC (an iMon receiver).

Works...

My only wish would be that the Theater View could be an independent second and third process. With that you could create in combination with more graphics adapters a real independent zone audio system. Every zone with its own touchpanel(s), own video, own audio... future...

Right now I'm happy with this solution. A real progress if you compare with these so-called "audio servers" built on the base of Imerge cr%&^...  ::)

And I'm sure more people who have an ELAN whole house audio and video system will want that kind of media center...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up