INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem: Theater View stretched.  (Read 1419 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Problem: Theater View stretched.
« on: March 10, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »

I've had this problem for the last few builds, and am pretty sure it's at my end.  Whenever I access Theater View, it shows up as twice as wide as the screen resolution is set.  My screen is set to be 1280x1024, but the Theater View seems to want to be 2560x1024.  I've tried reseting the Display Options, but to no avail.  Any help is appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem: Theater View stretched.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 04:03:54 pm »

If you maximize "Display View" (Ctrl+3), does it properly fill the screen? (move the mouse to the borders, and they'll appear)

Are you running a dual-monitor setup or any kind of tricky desktop software? (like the video card driver hooks to make your desktop seem bigger than it is, etc.)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 06:11:32 pm »

It does work properly on Display View.

I'm not running a dual monitor, and the only thing I can think of that I'm running which might be considered tricky is Windowblinds.  But, I've been running that for years, and haven't updated it in a while.

Thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 08:48:25 pm »

It does work properly on Display View.

the only thing I can think of that I'm running which might be considered tricky is Windowblinds.  But, I've been running that for years, and haven't updated it in a while.

I have experienced some UI strangeness in MC with Window Blinds enabled in the past. It might be worth you disabling it as a test. At the very least, setup WB to ignore MC. You do this under the "Per Application" setting.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 09:09:11 pm »

I pulled Windowblinds out completely, just to be sure, and it's still giving the same situation.  It's very strange.

globetrotters1

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 12:21:55 pm »

I had a similar situation lately with a dual monitor card (Matrox Parhelia APVe), but only set to use one LCD and the TV-out as a second monitor. Enabling "Display Zoom" resolved the issue.

No idea what kind of graphics card/adapter you use, so it cannot help you either, who knows.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 12:41:57 pm »

I've resolved the issue, though I'm not sure why it did what it did.

As far as I can tell, the only thing I changed was to uncheck the "Use Windows Media Player Engine" option in the Directshow Playback Options.  I'm guessing the Aspect Ratio reset after that, but the Theater View is working as it should now.

Thanks for all the help, especially Globetrotters1 who got me rooting around in the other options.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 04:48:27 pm »

I stand corrected.  I shut MC12 down, restarted it later and the problem was back.  Until I went in, checked and unchecked the Windows Media Engine option, at which point it stopped again.  Not sure what this means.

I did get a problem with the DirectX engine, so I'm going to try to reinstall that and hope for the best.

EDIT: The error I'm getting is a black screen with "Error starting Direct3D engine.  (Error creating Direct3D device 0x8876086A)"
Pages: [1]   Go Up