INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Toolbar Icon for Open/Close Tree  (Read 1313 times)

JONCAT

Feature Request: Toolbar Icon for Open/Close Tree
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:58:26 pm »

It is great that MC implements space saving triangle buttons which open and close various panes and the tree, but these are also very tiny, and both difficult to discern and click (especially using dark skins).

While I doubt we'll see an "Auto-tree" that pops out when the action window is needed or a hotkey for this function, could we PLEASE get a toolbar button so I can have a quaint yet substantial icon in my toolbar so I can stop squinting.

Anyone else need glasses? ;D

DC

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request: Toolbar Icon for Open/Close Tree
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:48:00 pm »

What about a tab to open/close tree?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 03:04:49 am »

While I doubt we'll see an "Auto-tree" that pops out when the action window is needed...
If we had this, my tree would be hidden more often than not. I quite like working with the tree closed, but when you click the 'Tag' link behind a thumbnail, I find it soo irritating that the tree doesn't 'auto-unhide' that I just tend to leave it open most of the time.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 04:04:59 am »

With Mr ChriZ's Intention skin, I've never been into the tree view so much. It's a beauty. ;D

Seriously though, I love the idea of the tree view appearing automatically if closed, especially with an easier way to close/toggle it in the first place.

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:42:56 pm »

A hotkey would be pretty good; linking a mouse button to a keyboard shortcut etc.

But an "auto-tree" would be ideal or even an auto-hiding tree that would stick once you choose actions like Burn or Tag, closable with an X. Those triangles are just so small; once the tree is open an X icon like Favorites in web browsers seems fitting.

Prod, I don't know if the Beta Team has a hidden thread, but hopefully you all can discuss this.

DC

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:54 pm »

I agree the triangles are a tad small; I simply don't enjoy finding & clicking them, it's a bit fiddly. However, nor do I want them to be bigger - some kind of show/hide tree button somewhere would be great.

There is a Beta Team thread but for the most part it's for ironing out potential bugs in new or newly changed features rather than feature requests, I doubt this would get any more attention there than here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up