INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple actors / artists  (Read 1122 times)

dtblair

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Multiple actors / artists
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:50 am »

Most often a DVD is associated with more than one actor.  Some of the other DVD database programs available allow for a one to many association so you can search for all the movies a particular actor might have been in.  It appears that MC only has a direct relationship for one actor/artist per file.  A similar problem is with CDs that have more than one artist in collaboration (Riding With the King, Genius Loves Company).  Is there a work around or a potential fix in a future release?  Any move in the future for adding capabilites (like those found in collectorz.com or DVDprofiler) 

Posted tis under MC11 as well

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Re: Multiple actors / artists
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:10:20 am »

The easiest way to to create your own field for MC to use... call it "Actors" or "Artists" or even "Actors-Artists", or anything else you'd find easy. When you create the field, you can specify it to use multi-value (semi-colon delimited).

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > User Library Fields > Add Field

I use my own fields extensively.

C.

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Multiple actors / artists
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:46:04 pm »

I do this as well, for Artist and Composer fields. I've made copies called Artists and Composers and use them.

The tips in this thread were really helpful in showing me how to do this.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40427.0

(Would really like MC to allow the standard Artist and Composer fields to be treated like lists though...

M.
Pages: [1]   Go Up