INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with playing files  (Read 1304 times)

BigJJ

Problem with playing files
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:00:54 am »

Found a weird problem in MC12.

I got all my music stored on a server. To make it easy to get to I map the network share to P:
To import the music I ask MC to scan P: and this worked fine in MC 11. But today I upgraded to MC 12, and a problem showed up.

Only some of my music showed up after my import. (About 50%)

If I try to play "P:\FLAC\Xploding Plastix\Xploding Plastix\01 - Xploding Plastix - Donca Matic.flac" i get noting, but if I play "\\gateway\Media\FLAC\FLAC\Xploding Plastix\Xploding Plastix\01 - Xploding Plastix - Donca Matic.flac" I get music.  ?

First i believed it was a problem on my server or in windows, but if i try to play with VLC from P: I get the music, so the share is working, and the problem is probably in MC12. MC11 worked fine this way, so the problem has been introduced in MC12.

Hope someone can help me with this, as it is a big problem for me.  :-\

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem with playing files
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:08:17 am »

Try browsing to the P:\ drive first with explorer (or with MC > Open file...).  Then try to play files from P:\ inside MC.

On Vista, my mapped M:\ drive (which actually points to files on the same system) is often unavailable.  I have to browse to it, and then other programs can see it.  I haven't figured out what the problem is yet -- it's one of the many bonuses Vista has brought me.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BigJJ

Re: Problem with playing files
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 12:34:32 pm »

If I brows in throw explorer I can open the file, but MC don't show data on it, or start to play. Opening the file in VLC works. Opening the file inside MC gives the same result.

The weird thing is that only some of the artists are effected. Some show up as usual, some wont play. Not individual files that don't work, but entire folders.

Checked the file permissions on my server, but I cant find any difference in the folders/files that do work in MC and those that don't work. Can't find anything that could make MC unable to play them, especially since MC can play the files if i brows inn throw \\gateway\FLAC..... to play them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up