INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does media jukebox mess up the direct x ports and drivers?  (Read 906 times)

roving cowboy

Does media jukebox mess up the direct x ports and drivers?
« on: August 27, 2002, 07:17:31 pm »

i am trying to find the culprt that is not letting me play wma wmv asf avi and other streaming file formats from  withing the ie 6.

i can not play them in the wmp player  and media jukebox only plays wma files it will play the others i believe if i download them and tell it too but it only played viedo on the wmv file and not the incoded audio track.

i believe this is a wmp7.1 and winXp problem cause others that did not get that player or os,  can still play them in ie.  but i was hopeing some one here could answer me as to what is the reason i cant.
or tell me how to fix it if they know how.  thanks.

roving cowboy

roving cowboy

RE:Does media jukebox mess up the direct x ports and drivers?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 10:14:00 pm »

just bumping this to the front for a much needed answer :D

roving cowboy

RE:Does media jukebox mess up the direct x ports and drivers?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 09:54:52 pm »

I found the trouble for this it is not Mj as you all know.  just wanted to post what it was for others to check out their computers.

to tell you the truth. I dont know what did it but the sound is now working for streaming. i went through this computer and found alkinds of things to delete or uninstall. as in busted or damaged activex controlers and bad reg keys that kept coming back. from somewhere and i did another reinstall of wmp and told wmp6.4 to play the wma and wmvs' and reinstalled the root certificates and got the security update from ms that came out a couple days ago.
and just did move that slider to the left on the direct x diagnostic panel and did the test it said no errors this time but it did say this sound card ( which is intragrated on the mb ) was not able to handle hardware buffering.

so now the wma works will have to check the wmv and asf and avi's.
                                             yep these all work now.
and send a message to ms to say opps and sorry for getting on their case. but it is strange that all that happend just after i updated wmp7.1 acouple months ago?

does anyone know if that directx would have had that slider all the way up for default?

got it fixed but still unsure as to what caused it. i know i did not tweak it. until now.

roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up