INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ripping data cd's back into MJ  (Read 1107 times)

archer

• Problemchild
ripping data cd's back into MJ
« on: March 24, 2007, 04:09:24 pm »

Help!!!!!!!!!
after all these years I found this part of MJ
any help would be great heres the problem,
I origanally had the 8.0 Mj and when I bought this house I kinda needed room on my old computor so I moved Mj and 3,700 songs to my recycle bin with the notion I was going to restore it as I did several times but I didn't count on my daughter going under my screen and emptying the trask so I ended up with my first data backups with 1,872 songs on 13 disc so last night I restored Mj 8.0 and upgraded to 12.0 well I started out importing the first 143-147 songs per disc and after each disc I imported to media library as I always did, testing a song or two after each disc but when I hit a song from a previous disc I found that the only way they would play was with that disc in or it would say the file in witch the song is there was no volume, would I like to try again? yes-no,or cancel. I statedaround 10:30pm I gave up at 7am and started trying again at 1pm it is now 5:05pm est any help my family wants me back
Thank you for your time
Dave
Problemchild

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ripping data cd's back into MJ
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 04:28:40 pm »

I think you need to copy the files from the backup CD's onto your hard disk, using Windows Explorer.

After you've done that, THEN import them.

(You could do it the way you've done, but you'd need to use MC to move them onto the hard drive, so it's easier to just copy them first.)

archer

• Problemchild
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 04:48:13 pm »

Thank you JimH Iwilltry thatI did the first one but it jumped right to MC so I'm going to go offline and try it I'll see if it works that wayDave
Problemchild

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 07:40:31 am »

[private message from Archer]

I tried what you suggested and and here I am after a three hour break my eye's were buggin back in the saddle because I've ripped these same data discs before or I would have givien up. ...

When I did what you suggested with windows explorer it said the same thing when I ejected the disc read only file . I wonder if I rip it into windows Media player if that would work like your concept with w.explorer?
When you copy a file from a CD, using Explorer, it may show as "Read Only".  Right click on the directory it's in and change this by editing properties.

It will help if you can give a step by step for what you're doing, using the same terminology that the program does, and giving the exact version of the program you've got (copy system info from MC Help and paste it here).  When you run into a problem, don't go any further -- just post here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up