INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View. Improvement suggestions  (Read 777 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View. Improvement suggestions
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:06:14 am »

Just tested out the 198 build. I like what i see!

There are still some issues though.

• In normal view there are a choice of behavior of double click on tracks. Why can't you implement a similar option for the theater view? An example would be to use the enter button to traverse the menus and put the track directly as playing next in playing now. All without the irritating menu. I know you can play directly, but I think the menu should be available through a pop up on a secondary button, not the one people think of as the primary (enter).
  • I love the new search feature! But why are there none for playing now? When you get a 50 song list or bigger there might be people that want to search there too... Options where to include it would be nice.
  • Another thing is the search letter pad. Would it not be smart to implement an option for viewing the pad and one option for just having a search box, like in the normal view? The pad is GREAT for touch screens, but it might be less nesessary for people with PDA's for remotes etc.
  • Animations. There should be an option to turn it off (for slower computers, and people that just don't like them). And also an option to set the speed for the animations. I feel them somewhat slow.

As you all probably understand now, I would like to se the theater view more customize friendly. The normal view has a lot. I think theater view is what most people would use the most of the time with TV's and projectors. And therefore we need to focus on this to make it even more attractive for the masses.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MrHaugen

Re: Theater View. Improvement suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:37:00 am »

*bump*  ::)

gappie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:16:04 am »

there is a long thread about theaterview improvements at this moment http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39391.0

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 02:33:14 pm »

Yes. You're right. I just had the impression that the whole thing was about UUIRT and the jumping to standard view.
Allright, just let this one die. I'll post it there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up