INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 8 various  (Read 547 times)

JerryW

Version 8 various
« on: August 27, 2002, 02:30:41 pm »

This week I down loaded the version 8 for the first time and have ripped about 125 CDs into it.  This is the first Jukebox I have used.
1) Why does the Media Library (root) have a bunch of files in it? can they be deleted?
2) Whey does the Album (root) have a bunch of files in it? can they be deleted?
3) It there a way to make a custom Album?  I have a number of files I would like to import into a Album named by me.  I know I can rename Albums after they are created by ripping but how do you make one with out ripping a CD?
4) How do you back up the files?  I see how to back up the Library but that only seems to make a tree backup with not file data?

anyone?  thanks,  jerry

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Version 8 various
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 03:26:04 pm »

> Why does the Media Library (root) have a bunch of files in it? can they be deleted?

That shows all files.

> Why does the Album (root) have a bunch of files in it? can they be deleted?

No.

> Is there a way to make a custom Album? I have a number of files I would like to import into a Album named by me. I know I can rename Albums after they are created by ripping but how do you make one with out ripping a CD?

Try a playlist.  Or if you want to move them to a new album, select them, do properties (right click) and change the album name.

> How do you back up the files?

MJ doesn't do this.

You might try the Help in MJ.  It may be slow going at first, but there is a lot there (thanks to Lise).
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JerryW

RE:Version 8 various
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 03:37:54 pm »

Thanks! for quick response... answered all of the questions... again thanks.. j
Pages: [1]   Go Up