INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easily changing the full window view  (Read 1242 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Easily changing the full window view
« on: March 27, 2007, 08:10:23 pm »

What's the best way in MC to quickly and easily change the view/style of the whole window on demand? Here's why and need it and what I mean:

I have connected to my PC a secondary small, but hi-res montor. I like to sometimes push the MC window over to that window so it is out of the way while I work, but I can still access it and view what's playing, etc. The problem is that this other window is sufficiently hi-res that the MC window (icons, text, etc) is quite small and therefore difficult to read. I know I can adjust the MC fonts, etc to fix this, but I want the ability to switch the view quickly. This is because sometimes if I need to do more involved media management I'll drag the MC window back to my main window at which point I'll want to go back to the normal view.

What's the best way to accomplish this? Should I create my own skin that has everything bigger? Or is there a better way?

Thanks.

JONCAT

Re: Easily changing the full window view
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:54:27 pm »

TOOLS>OPTIONS>TREE&VIEW  make your font larger.

DC

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 12:01:32 am »

Right, but is there any way to save this setting so I can switch between the large view and the small view quickly/easily?

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:52:53 am »

I thought you might have been wondering about that but .....anyway .....good feature request. A toggle for a zoom? Would be useful. More and more users sitting at big monitors; when I do some tagging I often ramp up the size.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 07:52:04 pm »

What about a Ctrl - / Ctrl + to increase decrease font size. This would be great for tagging sessions when I want to boost the font size on the big screen; normal browsing is mostly done with album covers and a font size of 11 with (142% system font increase). Or you could just hold ctrl and use the scroll wheel.

DC

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 08:35:18 pm »

Either of those would work well enough for me. Although I'd really like to see a full UI zoom feature. On my small screen it's hard to manipulate the controls too, so if they could zoom as well that'd be very nice.

I imagine in a few years there's a good chance that the whole UI might get updated to Microsoft's new .NET v3 UI framework, which has builtin vector based zooming abilities. So there's probably no big benefit in doing that now from scratch.

The quick font size change idea would be quite nice, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up