INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maxtor 3000LE Driver help  (Read 1272 times)

Deerhunter

Maxtor 3000LE Driver help
« on: August 27, 2002, 01:42:30 pm »

How about one of you experts telling me how to find a driver for my new 40 gig maxtor. It says it will automatically find the driver. But it asks for my Windows ME disk. When I put it in it scans it and says it can't find the driver. I tried to download one from Maxtor but couldn't find any driver list.
'

Markeau

RE:Maxtor 3000LE Driver help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 11:02:25 am »

Did you try a Windows Update?  Just a thought.  I've had good luck talking to Maxtor's tech support team, just give em a call.

Cephlen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • someday I will find a pic that looks good...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 11:04:50 am »

Are you sure its Maxtor and not your IDE interface?  Hard drives dont require drivers....  Does both your bios and IDE chip support HD's 40 gigs in size?
All ICQ's are ignored unless I have added you.

Markeau

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 11:16:14 am »

It's not an IDE drive but rather a USB (see subject) drive.  When I installed a Maxtor DV3000 on both 98SE and XP a Windows Update found and installed some updates and removable drive drivers.  (Granted the DV3000 is a 1394 drive which is different than the 3000LE USB  drive but I would assume that they might use similar drivers - especially like the "Safely Remove Hardware" one that gets installed to the System Tray that you must select before disconnecting the USB or 1394 drive).

Deerhunter

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 04:44:17 pm »

Well I got it to work. Went to Maxtor site and downloaded a driver for win 98se. Then I installed the usb 2.0 card that went with it. finally go that working with a little trouble.

But the bigger aggravation is I can't start or restart my computer with anything plugged into the usb 2.0 card. When ever I shut down I have to unplug everything from the card or my computer will post an error on the next restart or go to safe mode. After I boot up I can plug in my maxtor hard drive, my usb scanner and cdwrite drive and they work fine. Any suggestions.

Markeau

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 05:50:26 pm »

Did you do a windows update?
Pages: [1]   Go Up