INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play/rip Enya CD  (Read 1413 times)

Gork

• Recent member
Can't play/rip Enya CD
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:49:43 am »

Can someone who has the Enya - Amarantine CD attempt to play or rip it in JRiver?  I'm using v12.0.179 (a little behind but nothing in the change log shows a change that would affect this) and MC won't even recognize the CD.  I used Windows Media Player to rip the CD to MP3s and it worked fine.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Can't play/rip Enya CD
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:38:37 pm »

I did when the CD came out about 1.5 years ago or so. No problems.

Mine was made in Canada. Sometimes CDs made in different countries use different security measures...

But I have to say, I never had a CD that MC could not rip. And I've ripped thousands.

Michel.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 05:26:38 am »

If you could rip the CD with another tool, then I'd ask if you can rip any CD with MC.

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:19:20 am »

Title of this thread sounds like a blessing to me ;)

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 01:52:09 pm »

Gork,

I Ripped that Enya CD last week, however I was ripping some others and MC would not show ANY tracks on 3 CD's. I have ripped over 400 into the library with no problem. WMP could see and play them. I posted a question as I could not understand why. Then a couple of days later I put them in again and this time they ripped and even included the details from yadb.
Sorry have no idea why or what chaged. My server was not rebooted or anything. But you are not alone :-)
Just looked at my older post and I did turn secure RIP off and it worked. I then turned it back on and it still worked.

Just try it again. . . .

Gork

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:45:46 am »

Hrmm...  Thanks for the replies.  I will try again, horse, and see if it mysteriously starts working.  I didn't have secure rip enabled, maybe I'll try enabling it then disabling it to see if it works.  I've only ripped a handful of CDs since I bought MC about 6 months ago, but this is the first problem I've had.  I even tried imaging the CD to two different formats and mounting the images in a virtual drive with negative results through MC.  I haven't been able to find anything that indicates this particular CD is even copy protected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up