INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this filter even possible?  (Read 1013 times)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
Is this filter even possible?
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:35:18 pm »

Ugh, I can't believe this happened... but I just discovered that a ton of songs in my library had the titles truncated to 30 characters. Probably when I was messing about in mp3tag removing tags in an attempt to fix some volume issues I was having with Slimserver.   :'( Anyway, that was months ago, and I am just now noticing all the chopped off song names. Is there some way I can get a list of all songs whose name has exactly 30 characters so I don't have to comb through all 13,000 songs?
Sue

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is this filter even possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:58:52 am »

maybe there is something simpler, but one of the things you could do is make an expression column with

if(IsEmpty(Mid([name],29, -1)),,if(IsEmpty(Mid([name],30, -1)),truncated,))

and just sort this collumn and to group the truncated ones together.

you could ofcourse also make a calculated custom field in the library with the same expression. and a smart list that sorts on truncated which would give you all the files that have only 30 characters in their name.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:26:20 am »

mid(...) is the way I'd go too, I don't think there's anything that will get you closer.
Adding [=if(isempty(mid([name],29,-1)),,isempty(mid([name],30,-1))]=1 to step 4 of a view scheme would give you all the files that have only 30 characters in their name in a view scheme on their own.

It'll narrow it down for you somewhat, but to give you some idea, out of 13000 files chosen at random here, around 200 of them were legitimately 30 characters long

-marko

gappie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 04:45:10 am »

yes ofcource. that is even better. didnt think of that.  :)

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:49:53 am »

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I knew someone would have an answer and I never would have figured it out on my own. That narrowed it down to 580 songs. I have a custom field called "Flag" which I will use to mark the ones that need to be fixed and then I should be able to use "fill tags from filename" to fix them.
Sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up