INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.1 & Vista. Had 2 Install. Can't uninstall.  (Read 1974 times)

Click Cardo

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC 11.1 & Vista. Had 2 Install. Can't uninstall.
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:41:05 am »

I had to install 11.1 on my Administrator account account in 32-bit Vista Home Premium to get the upgrade pricing when I installed version 12!  There has got to be a better way!  Well I set version 11 to XP SP2 compatibility mode and to run as administrator and ran it once, but did not suck in any files.  I then installed version 12, paid for it as an upgrade, and created a small library perfectly with 12.

Now in Vista I used All Programs to run JRiver's own MC 11 Uninstall program, but it says  JRMediaUninstall.dll cannot access a memory location and then RunnDLL32 has a DEP violation.  I have not tried any run as administrator or compatibility mode gymnastics yet because I'm not sure how to do that with an uninstall program.

Get you help me get version 11 off my Vista pc?  I really do not want it clogging it up.

Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 11.1 & Vista. Had 2 Install. Can't uninstall.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 11:04:48 am »

Hmmm... That IS an issue.  They'll have to come up with some sort of plan.  I can certainly help you get it uninstalled manually though...

The first option is to try to run the uninstaller in XP SP2 Compatibility Mode.  It's located at: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\JRMediaUninstall.exe.  If this fails...

1. Locate the install folder C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\ and delete it.
2. Locate and delete: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11.  You'll want to do this for each user that's run MC11 on the system.  If you only ran it once, you should only have one copy of this folder.
3. Open the registry editor (don't know how on Vista, but on XP it's Start --> Run, then type regedit and hit enter.
4. Locate the following registry keys and delete them:

Code: [Select]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 11

DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER REGISTRY KEYS!!  IF YOU'RE NOT SURE, DON'T DELETE THEM!!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Click Cardo

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC 11.1 & Vista. Had 2 Install. Can't uninstall.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:57:49 pm »

I wasn't sure about the keys.  Thanks.

PS:  It's regedit in Vista also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up