Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Survey  (Read 973 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Survey
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:06:44 am »

Anyone think it would be neat to put together a big survey of MC?  I'd like to do that and have lots of people take it!  It would just ask lots of simple questions about various features that people use or don't use and possibly ask about some feature requests and what people would most like to see.  Anyone think this would be a good idea?  Should I get to work on it?  Feel free to give question ideas .. but don't give results here!  Let's save that for the survey.  I'm starting a work-study at school to be a political science professor's work study and I will be doing research and data analysis.  I can get lots of statistics on all this data (that I could theoretically collect).  I use SPSS to do the calculations.

I also just got going on PHP ... used Perl for while now.  PHP is really great, I gotta say.  This sounds like a great project!  Would people want to start listing questions about features and feature requests?

1. I can ask people about features...Use often, use occasionally, use rarely, didn't know about it.
2. Oh and initial filing characteristics: age, gender, time spent using MC (on various levels).
3. How much would you appreciate feature addition X?

Sounds like a great data gathering project.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
Re: Survey
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:30:47 am »

No, it doesn't. A survey without a defined goal is useless. First, define what you want to know. Then, define how to get the data. Anything else is a waste of time. You should have learned this in your class... If you have too much free time on your hands, go work for some social organization that helps people. Do something good. (;

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Survey
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:28:34 am »

I'm sorry.  I never took a survey or statistics class.  I am sincerely offended by your and your recent replies to my threads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up