INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing on Batch Convert to MP3  (Read 1038 times)

Commando

• Recent member
Crashing on Batch Convert to MP3
« on: April 05, 2007, 04:15:23 pm »

I previously posted for V12.0.203:

"MC12 hangs when trying to batch convert WAV files to MP3.  System is XP Pro, SP2, P4 3GHz 512 MB Ram.  Upgraded to V12.0.203 to see if problem persists.  It does.  I have about 2200 WAV files on system and in the library.  I wanted to convert them all to MP3 high quality VBR.  Set to save in different folder.  No consistent number of files converted before hanging.  Hanging occurs after as few as 10 files or as many as 90 are converted.  It is not related to a particular file.  Have tried turning off plugins without change.  Progress bar indicates almost to the end of conversion and then nothing.  Sorry if this has been addressed but I couldn't find a thread on topic.  Quite frustrating.  Any ideas? Thanks."

Have upgraded to V12.0.207  Problem remains.  Have been able to batch convert up to 317 files before hanging.  Previous high was 288 files.  I am trying to convert to download into iPod for use in car.  Any suggestions?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Crashing on Batch Convert to MP3
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:40:42 pm »

Are you trying to sync them in the end?  Are you using LAME?  What command line settings are you using?  Try creating a new library and importing a subset of your library...then see if the problem persists.  Perhaps it's a memory leak?

Commando

• Recent member
Re: Crashing on Batch Convert to MP3
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 05:43:24 pm »

Are you trying to sync them in the end?  Are you using LAME?  What command line settings are you using?  Try creating a new library and importing a subset of your library...then see if the problem persists.  Perhaps it's a memory leak?

Thanks.  I am not trying to sync anything yet.  Procedure is to select all or part of the library, use library tools, convert and direct to local drive into an empty existing folder for that purpose.  I am using LAME, and no command line options.  I have selected the VBR encoding with High quality from the MP3 encoding options    menu.  Under converter options, I have selected save to another directory, and have not checked to update the database or send original to recycle bin.  This should be a plain vanilla batch conversion.  I have tried using a new library as a subset, by copying 1000 songs to a new folder and importing only those songs.  Same result.  I have also performed a batch conversion with other programs without any problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up