INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display scrolling & thumbnail generating  (Read 654 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Display scrolling & thumbnail generating
« on: April 06, 2007, 05:07:24 pm »

1. Why does the display view now have a scroll bar?  I understand on lower resolution monitors this can help, but it only saves 20 pixels or so and it isn't necessary.  It just cuts things off.  I'd rather scroll up above.  Is there a checkbox somewhere?  What about adding a checkbox to the display settings page (the one that says keep detached view on top)?  I'd prefer a default of no scroll bar, but no biggie.

2. Could MC engage in more predictive thumbnail generation?  In other words, when viewing images, it seems like it will continue about a page further down than what can be seen...could it continue even further (forever) but very slowly?  It would be great if it would just continue generating for any media item that doesn't have a thumbnail (with a VERY low priority process).  While in audio, if all the CDs are done, then start generating images...?

3. Also, it seems like MC has to generate thumbnails for the same album's songs for each song...  Couldn't MC check to see that the files are in the same folder and they have the same image file tag filename?  Maybe it already does but it doesn't seem to based on the time it takes for each song.

Just some ideas...
Pages: [1]   Go Up